1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Serious question/poll

Mr.LaBella Feb 9, 2013

?

Serious question/poll

1. Yes, I would like to see it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I do not think it will work.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Unsure, and will reply back in this thread.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Atonement

Atonement Huge member

I love this idea!! It's definitely worth a shot.

2. fod

fod Hand of the Box Master Knife Maker or Craftsman

Si!

Es una idea buena!

3. GODDESS OF VENGEANCE

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE Crazy Bitch Lady Devil Super Moderator

I don't think it will work! :ross: But... I guess you won't know unless you try it?! Regardless..No matter what the outcome is?!..I'm still a JD Member & I will respect your decision Ron either way. :thumbsup:

:GOV:

4. Liu Kang

Liu Kang Dealer Knife Maker or Craftsman

I don't see forums as one particular country I always see it as all the countries. I think it's cool to see all different viewpoints and don't think I would like to view even more threads about one topic from all over the world to get an idea of what everyone thinks. I'd say keep it simple.
    Dan

5. Z'ha'dum

Z'ha'dum Shadow

Why not? If it doesn't work out you can always shut can it.
    Worth a try n

6. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

I don't see a problem with it. Honestly, I'll probably never peruse that part of the forum, but there are sections of the forum now that I don't go to. I just don't want to hear even more shit from more members about not shipping outside the US when I sell something.

7. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...i voted yes, i am pretty sure a lot of people outside the USA do not post here because they do not understand the JD "culture".If they get the subforum maybe they will venture on the rest of the forum, knowing that the Spelling and Grammar NAzis just having some fun the JD way :devilfinger:

8. dillard1

dillard1 Righteous One

Why not?!

I think it would be a great idea! I got a few blade brothers from afar and have had NO problems in dealing with them. :thumbsup:

It's customs that you have to worry with 9 out of 10 times with knife deals. Not the sellers or members.

9. 2shot

2shot Huge member

I am for it, more fish to fry.

10. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

I think that it would be very interesting to be able to see what styles of knives are popular all around the world. Though I will say that whenever I do see someone who does not speak English as a first language post, everyone is understanding about it. It would probably draw a lot more people in if they could post in their native tongue.

No collector could resist a forum with a strong international trade going on. We can export brkt and busses for their nice friction folders.

11. Pat Dedmon

Pat Dedmon Huge member

Yes

I think an international forum would be very interesting. I am a big fan of English, French, Italian, Indonesian, German,& Japanese, knives, and that is just the production knives. Can you imagine how interesting it will be to see privately made knives from makers from all over the world!

12. rareair

rareair Huge member

I voted yes because the I don't give a shit wasn't there, though I don't think it would hurt.

Diversify through the international channel.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  13. Climber

Climber Huge member

An Intelligent Post from Back on Page 2...

Yep, XJ-Linux said it for me...
    i figured if i READ the posts before posting, someone would have already written what i was thinking, and he did, so his comments bear the repeat.
    But Thanks for throwing the Question out there for us...

14. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

Great idea Boss. :thumbsup:

15. goober

goober Average member

I like this idea. I've seen some really good knives from other countries posted here, let's make it easier on these makers to show their wares. While we might not need to label them, it should make it more convenient to find them.

Language (and grammar) be damned, we're all knifebrothers:manganr:

16. metlman

metlman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Adding an international aspect would be fine as long as JD doesn't get worried about offending someone of a different culture. Let's just keep it free (speech) and open to all knife lovers, no matter where they live.

17. Branfrog

Branfrog Little member

Seems everyone agrees reaching out and getting more readers is the desired goal.

This has already been pointed out, but the way I see it, adding an "international section" will create more segregation amongst nationalities rather than reaching out to them. Its like telling international members to start their own discussions in their own language rather than participate in the main US forum.

I dunno, im just a noob here but seems counter productive to the stated goal.

18. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

All still in English- that cannot change. Just a wider area of exposure. Let's face facts, most folks who post here are aware of the parameters (ie. what goes "where") but some lurk and others are timid in regards to replying, let alone even starting threads. We received a "Did I post my introduction properly?" email through the 'contact us' link just this very evening.

We are not segregating, but opening up another door, adding yet another level for DEVILS to express themselves.

[side note] I have to admit, I as a human being am very impressed with the discussion this has spawned. Well done indeed, DEVILS. [/side note]

:thumbsup: :devilcorn:

19. welderknifenut

welderknifenut JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It could work why not.

20. Branfrog

Branfrog Little member

Oh OK GOTCHA! This is about adding another avenue to share thoughts, while also still encouraging viewing and readership in the main forums.

In that case, yes, I agree this is a great idea!