1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Serious question/poll

Mr.LaBella Feb 9, 2013

?

Serious question/poll

1. Yes, I would like to see it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I do not think it will work.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Unsure, and will reply back in this thread.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tyrrellica

Tyrrellica Brigade Member Brigade Member

Great idea, the more knives and discussions the better. I'd like to see what the rest of the world has. Just no spelling and grammar corrections! It is what it is - love of sharp steel!

2. shooter_t

shooter_t Average member

Sounds great!!

3. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

I was all good with this idea right up to this point. Dadgummed Nebraskers, and maybe Tejans too, cannot be allowed to, just willy-nilly, romp about the place!

What idiosyncratic and confusing use of the english language..., where?

As far as limiting snarkiness..., well without snarkiness we are just pitnerfest (sp?) with knives and tits.

4. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

could make some spelling tips how to use basic fire fox use

works for me

5. Paulie

Paulie Mothers Worry

4th Voting option

Ron,

There needs to be an additional polling option called "Who gives a shit?"

I don't feel like I can cast my vote in good conscience without it.

Brother.

6. the dude

the dude this aggression will not stand man

i vote yes

as long as firebolt is a mod:bwah:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  7. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

This ^^^ I agree with!:thumbsup:

8. Ayla

Ayla Huge member

International

Sounds like a Great Idea! Although we already have many friends in exotic locations, it would be stimulating for others to have their own section without the fear of a Language Barrier!

9. Blastmaster1972

Blastmaster1972 Koele Duivel

He sure is! :jdwink2::ropeman:

And for me, while Flemish is my primary language, English is my other primary language, due to the international character of my professional activities.

I say: let's try it. But actually I think it's not really needed... anyway, no harm in trying!

Kind regards,

Jos

10. freestyler

freestyler knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I voted NO - but that's just my individual point of view.
    Anything that has not been of any interest here in the past will also not be of any interest here in the future. My experience in various forums. An international section maybe of interest as long as it's novelty-effect is fresh but after a few weeks it'll be same as before in the other sub-forums (until now). My general "measure" for interest is the amount of replies given to a new thread.

Nevertheless try it and keep an eye on the development. It's certainly no mistake to offer such a section.

Greets Andreas

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    Gecko likes this.
  11. Gecko

Gecko The Hessian Brigade Member

Jepp, Andy is deep in the subject, I just have to nod in agreement:thumbsup:

I think you have more success if you tell the alien guys to grow balls and start playing.
    I felt well integrated since I'm here, nothing to change.

Regards,
    Pit

12. jeru

jeru Little member

I agree with Jos.

A forum is international by its nature. And by being international - even if it is a new special international section here on JD - the language is English. Sucks for me and everybody else who is not a native speaker, but nobody can deny the fact that English is the international language, even if you're French ;) And I bet almost every country has its national knife forum already, in Dutch, German, or French, etcetera.

13. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

This is very true.

I do, however, like to think that our Members here are tolerant enough to appreciate the efforts that they are making to interact with others on JD.

Definitely. The Language barriers can make the overall growth of it slow, but, with a little Positive Pimping of JD by our International Devils, I think we might be able to show ourselves as an accepting bunch.

You must admit: For someone in another country with limited English, a quick first-time perusal of some of the Threads here could likely be a traumatic event. It probably resembles a Mine Field.

:bwah:

The Commerce issue will rest upon the parties involved and it will be up to both to exercise their diligence in carrying out same.

As long as the Forum Rules are followed, things will be remain unchanged.

No party can be forced or coerced into selling to another. The Forum can't be held liable or accountable for problematic transactions, either. Again, the onus is on the User to do their homework.

It would be a great thing to see our Members who are fluent in other languages stepping up to help when communication gets a little wobbly. Helping out when you can is what makes JD a Community.

Great Forward Thinking, Boss! This will be a Win-Win for all.
    :thumbsup:

14. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

sounds like a good idea boss!!

15. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

We are trying to limit this to Earth only.............I always knew that you were different.

:bwah:

AILL and Gecko like this.
  16. Gecko

Gecko The Hessian Brigade Member

Sure, but I don't care, I'm just a silly Kraut...:manganr:

Cheers,
    Pit

17. SCRooster

SCRooster Little member

I've traveled all over, lived in several other countries ... I can tell you that we Americans are the kings of message boards, bbs, etc. Interested parties from other countries often do lurk but not post.

I'd go for it - just make sure to include translation add ons so we can intermingle with the savages and communicate with them on their forums in their own lingo.

18. primdev

primdev Primal Devil

I believe reaching out and embracing a more global community would be great, if the Membership is open & ready to accept outside perspectives.

Personally, I'm there. :thumbsup:

19. MDIAZ

MDIAZ Little member

Like the idea

's a good idea to bring knives and manufacturers that do not appear on websites because they do not produce on a large scale. Here in Brazil there are many knifemakers making fixed blades to the Army and police forces, are great blades with new designs that do not appear on the web because the producer makes few handmade pieces. I think everywhere there must be people like that.

Language is a barrier, but it is not insurmountable if the interest is mutual ... learn and know more about knives.

desmodus likes this.
  20. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Haha, I'm thinking about the thread for glenn with all those disturbing pictures and animated gifs.

I also would be willing to help out, I guess?? my english is okay, my german is fluent and my spanisch is okay too.