1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Serious question/poll

Mr.LaBella Feb 9, 2013

?

Serious question/poll

1. Yes, I would like to see it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I do not think it will work.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Unsure, and will reply back in this thread.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mikeymoto

mikeymoto Don't make me cu..OW! Knife Maker or Craftsman

The mighty JD is already on the Internet, which by definition is global and not limited to a specific location or region. By its very nature the forum is open to all races, creeds, colors, and nationalities. I don't see why a separate forum or sub-forum is needed unless the goal is to separate US and non-US knife discussion. And that sure muddies the waters.

If people are embarrassed to post in the current knife forum, what would be different about another knife forum? Same audience, same forum, same community.

Or are you saying you want to build a new community on JD that is not the JD community because the folks already here, or their norms, are not acceptable to non-US knife makers?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Hey buddy! For some it is easier than others. You have more of an "A type" personality, and you make us all the better for it. Cheers to you!

We are worried about those lurker types, we want to help them ease into things. I (personally) agree 100% and do try to always include everyone from everywhere in my posts. I continually say "OURS" and "WE", meaning all of us. Some people cannot shake the "lineation" of boundaries set by others. We are ALL a part of something bigger! :worldwide: The Knife Community :D :)

And still DEVILS, of course! :devilcorn:

3. Spillway

Spillway Huge member

I think it is a good idea that will be successful.
    Count me in as a suporter!

4. tripham

tripham Average member

I'm in...

I think its a good idea.

5. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

It would be for folks from other countries or wherever (outer space?) to post more freely to get/give insights and ideas of cutlery from elsewhere we may not *yet* be familiar with.

6. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

As a Brit I would sure agree with this section, you have my vote. Often with different ways of speech it is sometimes hard to understand the difference in the way most American's speak for some words can be misunderstood. Just my two pennies worth. :devilzeek

7. john6553

john6553 Average member

Hello Everyone,
    YES lets do it. I have friends in Italy, England, Sweden, Australia and those collectors may now know they are welcomed and I don't care how bad their English is (Italy and Sweden) they write well enough to be understood. Any one from anywhere can reply on all threads I don't think we need a sperate topic or area titled International or Something like Italian's post here French here Swedish here etc. If they want to comment on a photo or have something to say let them say it anywhere on our forum. However, maybe a people would like to write in their native language to other's from their own country and they could write their comments in what ever language. It's complicated, but everyone from anywhere should be able to post their knives opinions and knowledge here.
    John

8. mp5man1

mp5man1 Tactical Performance Gear Knife Maker or Craftsman

Why not, and it's time for me to start visiting and posting again. To long of being AWOL

9. cchesmore

cchesmore Little member

I think it's great. personally, I've watched some you tube videos from "international" people, and have seen some very different and interesting "new" takes on old things. Always looking to expand my horizons

10. prosstak

prosstak Average member

Great idea. Misunderstanding is not a problem if You want understand each other.

desmodus likes this.
  11. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

I think the idea of an international forum is great......and I hereby nominate rio to be the official International Grammar Moderator.....

12. Hattie

Hattie Little member

international

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

the more the merrier

13. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Give it a shot and see what happens. I had Latin in high school. I might be able to help on any Latin communication.

14. choombak

choombak Huge member

Yeah!

I was in India until now, and this was one of the few forums with a total transparency on its governance as well as attitude. Folks here are friendly and I have never had a moment when I felt singled out (or not of the pack).

I welcome this change definitely.

15. velocityboy

velocityboy Huge member

Just so long as SHE isn't allowed on here.
    [​IMG]
    She terrifies me. :ropeman:

As for the rest of our international friends... I didn't realize the language barrier was such a concern. Certainly, when I see a post with spotty grammar or spelling, I always look at the person's locale before passing judgment. More often than not I'm surprised at how WELL people from non-English speaking countries can read/write English.

It's the AMERICANS who can't be bothered to write properly that really annoy me. I say we start a separate forum for those.:manganr:

I suppose I would be interested in seeing an international forum if for no other reason than :

If it also happens to help make more int'l devils more active on the JD as a whole, then hey, win-win.

16. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

good idea

don't think it will work, on other unspoken fora it is also not a big success.
    if they don't post already , they still would not in a international section

other than the makers who post every where :manganr::thumbsup:

for some Dutch makers i try to promote there work, because some i know good, and they don't have not very big internet skills , let alone in written English
    ( Blastmaster is even a bigger spammer for Europeen makers )
    i know my writing is also not error free, big mistake who can put a piece off text out off context,
    i will be pointed to by friendly devils :thumbsup: so that would not be a problem i believe

but we can always give it a try... :thumbsup:
    same with the JD facebook,
    i see makers post there, who not post there knifes on JD

most off your ancestors are from the old world after all :ropeman:

17. braundc

braundc JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

IMO, the more diverse the better! Both International knife makers I have dealt with recently would fit right in here. From Croatia and Denmark! :thumbsup:

do it, do it, seriously... doo it!!

18. culpeper

culpeper Devil May Hare

International Forum?

I think anybody will post in any forum they please. It is already world wide web.

19. marucusu

marucusu Little member

Rather than starting another section maybe we should encourage everyone to post and share, maybe they can post in both languages, mother tongue and English?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  20. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Is this a fact? Are there any statements regarding this problem? I would like to know how this problem was analysed, or how it was found out.