1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Serious question/poll

Mr.LaBella Feb 9, 2013

?

Serious question/poll

1. Yes, I would like to see it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I do not think it will work.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Unsure, and will reply back in this thread.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 2fulhundin

2fulhundin Official Retard

I assumed we are already international, if the issue is posting in Proper English then Harner would of been BANNED years ago. Maybe a new button that is an auto translator Link.

Gecko likes this.
  2. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Well, someone had to say it..........

:bwah:

Oh yeah........... it's "would have been"

3. gfleet

gfleet Huge member

I agree with Mike Stewart. Good common sense. No for me.

4. aBadMojo

aBadMojo Level: True Devil

Serious question/poll

I say go for it. maybe with some kind of translator app. like the google translator

5. havana d

havana d Brigade Member Brigade Member

Or would've been. :manganr:

6. Sticky Rick

Sticky Rick Huge member

18 to 80 Blind Cripple and Crazy

If you live on Planet Earth...WELCOME:manganr:

7. 2fulhundin

2fulhundin Official Retard

I was really temped to type it as Butch would have. "If teh ishu is prostinh in Propper Englush. Harner wood of Ben band years a go"

8. Antonio_Luiz

Antonio_Luiz Huge member

International sub-Forums on JD

I voted NO!

I see little benefit in setting one up. BladeForums provides this service and it is used relatively little (compared to the rest of BF). I believe that attaining critical mass in an international forum in JD would be extremely unlikely

The people who find JD attractive will sign up irrespective of there being an 'International' sub-forum. Most non-English speaking countries have their own dedicated forums in their national language.

As for the larger English speaking countries - I'm not aware of any Canadian knife forums but Australia has ABF (created after the demise of Laventrix) and the UK has BBF. I know for a fact that there are far more active Australians in ABF than any of the USA forums
    - and I would guess the same would be true of BBF.

The non-USA forums are generally very good at discussing issues and interests relevant to their specific location/culture so I fail to see how an extra section in JD would be make it any more attractive to the wider international community

Regards
    Antonio

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  9. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Nobody here really gives a damn about what they do at BF. I'm a Member there and I use that whole Forum

"relatively little".

JerzeeDevil may be smaller in overall Membership numbers, but,

we have more Knife People. Less filler, more flavoUr.

10. Antonio_Luiz

Antonio_Luiz Huge member

I don't disagree with your comments about BF - my point was that the BF regional forums are so under-populated that they serve no worthwhile purpose and I predict the same will happen if JD goes down that route

11. cardoso5fr

cardoso5fr knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

As an international member, i don't find the use of an international section. For me The JD,is ONE big fellowship with no country separation consideration (except the language).

12. caminos

caminos Little member

Jd is already international..

I can't see the point of having an international section since JD already has an international membership.

Are we then going to have 'country" sections, "state" sections", "city" sections, "gender", "age" sections and "race sections?

13. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Little member

Austria

Cleaned out my knife drawer & posted a couple on multiple face book pages - Sold a blue point labeled badger (crkt) to a man in Austria, have enjoyed posting back & forth ever since. It is a small world & getting smaller!

14. HalfKine

HalfKine Little member

worldwide

It would be a good idea to expand. However there is a language barrier to overcome. I would suggest the forum be able to be viewed in the language of choice. Meaning it written on one and read in another. I realize this would cause some IT issues but the door would open for some many more. The opportunities are endless this way and could bring some state of the art knives. A German knife maker collaborates with a Japanese and Brazilian designers.

Just throwing it our there....

15. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Or, folks on the JD could do as every International Airline Pilot/Controller does. Learn and use English...?

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE likes this.
  16. creich420

creich420 Enormous member

I think its a good idea. not only so more people can enjoy talking about their passion but also you can get alot of materials for making knives from over seas that are harder to find here i think its good. but what do i know :unintroduced:

17. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Everybody knows something! :bwah: :manganr: :thumbsup:

18. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

19. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

hi Gary,
    translating is easy these days.

http://translate.google.com/transla...hread.php/131943-Serious-question-poll/page22

but there are many languages that are not very good translated, make reading it very hard,
    a very basic for off communication can be achieved, but any further it can be very confusing

my question from a few pages back stays unanswered !
    motivation to post on JD

Why do i see makers show there stuff on the JD face book page and not here.
    what is the reason behind this ?

20. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Not all of them are members here, to be honest! (I must have missed your post, apologies!) Let's change that! :poke: Tell all of facebook to join us on The Mighty JD :devilzeek :devilcorn: :thumbsup: