1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Serious question/poll

Mr.LaBella Feb 9, 2013

?

Serious question/poll

1. Yes, I would like to see it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I do not think it will work.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Unsure, and will reply back in this thread.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I do not know why folks feel there is any "country" or "nationality" to any online forum or community. We try to run JD as a worldwide corporation/tax FREE entity. That being said, I know some of our fellow Devils from outside The US of A do not post much or as much due to their fear of not posting so well in English.

Now- to round out all of the corners/edges:

Do you think an "International Forum" for knives would work or be a success here? Would it help these other Devils to post more and share more of their collections and favoUrite makers etc.?

We are thinking of going this route and would like some feedback. :decisions :worldwide:

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE and misfit like this.
  2. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

it's definitely a good direction to attempt going.

we don't have nearly enough 'mix' here.

3. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Sounds good....I'd like to see the custom styles abroad. :thumbsup:

4. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

the more the betterer but i ll jsut be cool with them and not fix all there english and puncuation mistakes

on 2nd thought maybe i can be one of the code brakers if they are haing problems :)

5. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

You're hired! We could use some extra Mod muscle :jdwink2: :bwah:

6. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

All for it

7. ArchAngel

ArchAngel "CHO CREEP"

I think it is a great idea! I love seeing the works and collections of folks from other areas of the world. Often that helps expand my knowledge and interest in getting blades from around the globe. I even enjoy trying to interpret the language differances.
    We all share that same love of steel!:thumbsup:

8. sirhorsechoker

sirhorsechoker cheapskate balifag fliptard

^^this^^

9. Worker

Worker Slacker Brigade Member

I think it is a good idea. Not sure how it will work but I am sure you guys have a plan. As long as we can deport the foreigners if it goes wrong and gets scary we will be ok.:manganr:

10. Herring223

Herring223 Huge member

Serious question/poll

Sounds good :ross:

11. Komitadjie

Komitadjie Jay to the Dee, Y'All!

Don't really know how much it would help, but it certainly can't hurt anything. I'm in favor! :thumbsup:

12. yetisize

yetisize Little member

I voted "Yes"
    Mostly because I'm also "International" :manganr:

13. brooksknives

brooksknives Little member

Sounds good to me

14. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Huge member

Great idea! Might bring more posts and pics from some of my favorite internationals! :bwah:

15. opgenorf

opgenorf Huge member

I would like an international section and would be happy to post more often as a result. or rather when i get the time to do it.:devilzeek:ross:

16. RMA

RMA Little member

Count me in on as being a yes as well.

17. steo

steo Enormous member

Imho

I guess I'm not seeing it the same way. I ship international at least once every couple weeks. I don't care when our non-USA friends post broken English, hell with all the texting, I see just as many mistakes from Americans. I think it would be an un-needed segregation. We are all one. :thumbsup:

Cpfrombv likes this.
  18. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'm not sure. Does this mean that the posts won't be in english and many of us will just be looking at pictures? I agree with Ron that an internet forum is a borderless province for anyone to post their interest and passion. On the other hand, if it make certain folks more comfortable, so be it.

19. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

I thought that this was a French forum run by an Italian.

20. XJ-linux

XJ-linux Enormous member

"Unsure" - I'd hate to see folks outside the USA segregated to some sub-forum I don't lurk on. I don't post much, but lurk a few areas quite a bit out of habit - I might unintentionally skip over an international sub-forum. Maybe if we added a required "country" field to a user's profile (that's visible to the left of one's post), we could more easily see who might not be a primary-english-speaker? That could discourage the grammar-Nazi's and ass-hattery in general. Just a thought.

tx101 likes this.