1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

September 2009 Featured Knifemaker

IWantThatKnife Sep 4, 2009

1. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hi Devils, this month's knifemaker is Roger "Mudbone" Jones, knifemaker extraordinaire from Ohio. Roger makes his knives the old fashioned way, by hand. He shapes his knives using hand files; and then sometimes uses the same files as blades in other knives.

I first met him at the Western Reserve Knife Show in Dover, OH about 7 years ago; what a character; jeans, flannel shirt, ponytail, old felt hat, etc; Roger is truly an outdoorsman; he even works a trap line in Southern Ohio. What really impressed me the most about him is how down to earth he is; don't let the ponytail fool you; Roger is a rightwing conservative all the way! He also has a good friendship with Kim Breed a retired special forces Master Sargent; being around these two when they are swapping stories is qiute interesting!

Here are of his available knives:

[​IMG]

Horse Rasp Bowie $850. The Horse Rasp is a Farrier's tool used to shape and smooth the edges on a horse's hooves. the serrations you see are left over from the file teeth.

[​IMG]

Here's a Push Dagger, with whitetail deer handle. This dagger is also made from a horse rasp; $300.

[​IMG]

This is a very nice tiger stripe maple handled dagger; the hamon is very visible. $350

Stay tuned to this spot Devils - I plan to add more knives, alll of them handmade, and available...

2. IWantThatKnife

More of Roger's work...

[​IMG]

Roger's angel hair damascus (wire damascus) $250 and miniature Scagel style $200. Both knives have sheaths.

[​IMG]

Miniature C Guard Bowie, only one ever made; Gary House W Pattern damascus for the blade, Kim Breed damascus for the guard, cayman hide sheath $600.00

[​IMG]

How's that for a hamon? With Sheath, $300

[​IMG]

3. IWantThatKnife

push dagger

It is available.

4. IWantThatKnife

you asked if the push dagger is available

And I replied it is available. $300 plus shipping costs

Discreet Paypal, accepted at timhecht@sbcglobal.net

If you want that knife post a reply that says "I want that knife" and include your zip code so I can give you the exact shipping cost including insurance for the knife's value.

Or if you want them both the horse rasp beaver tail dagger and push dagger I'd sell them both for $1,000 plus shipping.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013