1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Sending a knife through mail OR traveling with it to the US

akz92 Mar 26, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akz92

akz92 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Hello everyone, as you may notice I live in Brazil and i'm looking to sell a knife. I have two alternatives: send it through mail from here or having my niece to travel with it to the US then send it from there. I did an online research before posting this thread and I found a US government website that shows what you are allowed to take on your bag and I didn't see anything prohibiting knives. I don't know either if there's any problem sending the knife through mail, so any help is welcome.

2. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Depending on the type of knife, customs could be an issue either way. Definately not for carry on luggage.:manganr:

Balisong are a prohibited import. In either method.

3. akz92

akz92 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Oh i forgot to mention, it's a balisong.

EDIT2: removing edit 1

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
  4. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

I personally would not discuss circumventing the law in an open forum.:devilroll:

5. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Sage advice. Ship it in multiple, staggered packages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.