1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Secret Santa 2021 JD XMAS LIGHTS DRIVE

begreen61 Nov 9, 2021

1. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Well, without the jokes, memes, etc. there would only be one or two posts each day.

I can remember when you'd have 10 or 12 during your lunch break. I signed out last night at 10:30 and back on about 3:30 this morning... ONE FREAKING POST during all that time.

I recall when I'd be the only member signed on in the middle of the night. Now, that's not uncommon on any afternoon.

This forum CANNOT survive without people's participation.

jimmyjo, tubtar, snache and 3 others like this.
  2. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Damn fellas.....It felt like just a few of us donating would have easily met whatever number was needed. That is fucked up

Couldn't imagine the amount of money that comes through the JD just from all the useless fucks coming for only knife sales....not contributing a fuckin thing.

Maybe it's time each one gets taxed a little for there sales.

I mean, if your making a couple hundred or a couple thousand, whats 5 fucking dollars to the JD gonna do to you.

The amount of fucks coming and goin just to sell their shit should add up to something quickly.

Or am I pissing in the wind because like 7 or 8 of us actually frequent the site for more than just sales and the sales fucks would just run off if they had to donate a dollar off of their thousand dollar sale.

Sad thing my brothers.

tubtar, markandrex, FlyGuy and 2 others like this.
  3. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

On BF's you have to be a member to sell or do PM's. Sounds like a no brainer.

Balibuyer likes this.
  4. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

The money is going to the account that pays the proverbial light bills , and the lights are still on.
    I guess it's working.
    BTW , I think it's around 8 bones that we have scratched together so far..............I haven't checked for a couple days to see how much more has shown up.
    And I suspect that there are Cats making donations and not posting up on here.
    I am both thrilled and humbled to be able to call so many of us a " friend ".
    We are a special breed , to be sure.

jimmyjo, Carson, GEEZER and 7 others like this.
  5. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Brigade Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thanks for the update, that sounds great. Looks like you did a great job pulling this together begreen61! And thank you Tubtar for collecting the funds and all that you do.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  6. knifepuppet

knifepuppet Brigade Member Brigade Member

150 sent

7. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Nine and a half bones sent so far.
    I am messaging with Justus and I think we are both a bit overwhelmed at the response so far.
    Weird shit in some very weird times , but you show why this place is as awesome as it is.
    Numbers and traffic are well down from the peak , but the core of individuals who made J.D. what it is still flow through it's veins.

jimmyjo, Carson, begreen61 and 5 others like this.
  8. RoyalM

RoyalM Commando Devil Super Moderator Brigade Member

Money sent, £100, who knows what that is in $$$ these days.

I'm sure others have already said this but a limited run JD Ron t-shirt or a couple of raffles might be in order to raise some funds? Haven't been about much the last few years so I'm not sure how popular raffles and JD swag is these days?

jimmyjo, nostimos, Carson and 2 others like this.
  9. Carson

Carson Rust Wizard Brigade Member

I sent a little bit. I would like to do more, but there's just a lot going on atm.

I hope I can do more in a couple months time.

This place has meant a lot to me over the years!

nostimos, seandavid55 and begreen61 like this.
  10. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

You did plenty and it was appreciated!

begreen61, nostimos and Carson like this.
  11. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

Been a minute but I paid my 75$ grief counseling bill. I must say tubtar is top notch and I recommend everyone give it a shot (won't even need special pants).

jimmyjo, begreen61 and nostimos like this.
  12. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

Just sent a few bones. Merry Christmas dudes! Bring back that silver inked JDBA shirt in black and I will buy 3. Do it! I offered to help before.

nostimos, begreen61 and Balibuyer like this.
  13. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

In memory of the boss let us not bicker but rather keep this place going and make it even better in the New Year! That would be my hope.

14. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

We need a mass e mail to members.
    This is the first time I've seen this thread. It might just be me in my own f***** up world but maybe other people haven't seen this either.