1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Secare (and SecareX), the definitive?

Stuart Mitchell Mar 4, 2015

1. Stuart Mitchell

Stuart Mitchell knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Well, I showed where and how Secare started, I am beginning to think that here is where a journey of small modifications, of testing and design changes has brought the knife, right now, for me, this is definitive Secare...

Secare also now has a larger sibling, SecareX, designed as you'll see to adapt to heavier duty work, chopping and clearing, still very usable for fine work though, you know, for if this was your only knife...

Secare and SecareX...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a recent addition to both packages they are now supplied as standard with matching fire steels, the trademark orange and black with the flared tube fixing/lanyard hole...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From it's outset my mate and I knew that the knife was in line for a Kydex sheath, now not being a sheath maker the fella I trust with the job is based over in Northern Ireland, logistics not perfect but the quality of the job soon makes up for that...

Secare...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And SecareX...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers all, please let me know what you think, Stu.

Gecko likes this.
  2. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Looks like a winner.

obi

3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

2 winners! :clap:

4. kakashi

kakashi Little member

I would so badly like to have that secare x. I'm guessing it's a bit too much for my wallet though.

5. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Very nice!!

6. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Horray! Such a joyus name!
    :manganr:
    :owl:

How do you pronounce it?

7. Stuart Mitchell

Stuart Mitchell knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Does this work for you? The little listen tool in the bottom left hand corner...

https://translate.google.com/#la/en/secare

8. nbruch

nbruch Little member

Know this post is a bit older so hopefully you'll see this. I don't don't know if it's here and I missed it, but what are the stats on the dimensions/details on these knives (blade length, OAL, materials, grinds, etc.)? Thanks.