1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. 50calmike

50calmike 50 caliber Devil

I'm in San Diego for Comic Con, drive my damn family all the hell the way out here!
    Beautiful city and waterfront, now I know why people pay a premium to live here.
    I'm only going to be here a couple days, but I'm looking for some other things to do.
    The Midway Museum is definitely on the list, might do the maritume museum too.

nostimos likes this.
  2. KaosRase

KaosRase Huge member

Post some pics later! Would like to go to comiccon some year. Hope you and family have a good time. Have never been to California so can't recommend other places to see. Flew to AZ last year and drove a vehicle back home for a friend and got to see some stuff out west. Grand canyon, sedona, valley of the gods, tetons, badlands,rushmore, crazy horse, was fun.

3. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

go to the Zoo, just up the street from downtown. Seaworld is there by the bay. There is Legoland a bit north up the 5 freeway. go walk around the beach or bays. MIssion Beach is a bit touristy with the roller coaster, arcade and other . go to the beach, Mission Beach is cool, with the boardwalk and all, but there are several other beach spots up and down the coast. maybe hang out on the bay side and try your hand at paddle boarding on the calm waters, i think that is fairly cheap. Coronado is very cool to visit, just going over the bridge and seeing the city from up high is cool, but its cars only. so, i dont recommend driving and taking pictures. Little Italy has some great spots, but some of those places are getting out of hand with their prices. oh yeah, Old Town is kind of cool to check out. Cafe Coyote is a decent spot and better than most other tourist traps in there(Old Town). North Park has bars, Pacific Beach has bars, Downtown has expensive bars. if i think of anything else, i will report back. where's TinySD, he would probably have a lot more recommendations.

4. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

ya got to do mexico and really don't drink the water ,,no joke ,,,and if you get the chance ,, go to Catalina Island awesome place to be but you really need a full day for the island ,,,mexico a few hours is even fun

g

5. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

If you like animals at all, do the zoo. It's at least a 1/2 day though. During summer months, they even open at night for the nocturnal animals you usually don't get to see.

If ya get a couple spare hours, take the trolley to the border and cross into Tijuana. You'll need a passport nowadays. Lot of junk just south, but you can buy Cuban cigars. They confiscate them at the border if you try to bring 'em back. Just smoke 'em while you walk around and buy junk. Even the tee shirts will fall apart in a few days.

Ask for the LaBella donkey show....[​IMG] :bobert:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  6. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

@Tinysd might be persuaded to double you on his scooter, too.

Rio likes this.
  7. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

Balboa Park has a ton of Museums. The Fleet Science Center has a new movie in the IMAX dome theater about the Great Barrier Rerg iirc.

8. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

NERD!:jdwink2:

Mr.LaBella and crogers like this.