1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Scrapmamscus cleaver

hellize Sep 22, 2016

1. hellize

hellize knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hello,

I just came across this quote and it really caught my imagination.

[​IMG]

But than again, almost everything has this effect on me. A few days earlier I was sitting in my shed, doing nothing, staring at a dead fly on my desk, imagining how its short life could have been, and what will happen to its carcass when I finally sweep it off of the table, till it became dark, when I realized I was doing this for more than half an hour. It felt kinda stupid, but was also a pleasant half an hour for some reason.
    Anyway, I can't shake off this feeling that we are all recycled material, right? I mean nature doesn't waste anything. At some point parts of me were only atoms floating around pointlessly in space, than at another point I was experiencing fusion, with unimaginable heat and pressure inside of a gigantic star, after that I was maybe part of a dead Triceratops's toenail which is thorn apart by raptors, now I live, love, hate, some day will die, and after a while I will be a yellowish dying leaf on some bush, facing a harsh winter, or maybe a leg on a centipede, who is just eating a frog, and after that I will experience how our beautiful Earth is swallowed by the hungry sun, which is bloating and running out of fuel and at the very end the scattered atoms, callous remnants which once built my body, will run out of vibration, slow down till they finally stop oscillating, reaching −273.15°C and cease to exist.

It is quite weird, but also kind of comforting in a way that my existence isn't bordered by my twinkle-like "conscious" life.

Well, under the aegis of recycling, I made this little scrapmascus cleaver, forged of countless damascus bits and offcuts.
    It is 36.5 cm in total, the blade is 24.5 cm long, 6.1 cm wide at its maximum and 5 mm thick, which gets gradually thinner towards the tip. It is forged of all kinds of steels, like 1.2516. L6, 5160, S80 and other kinds of spring steels and saw blade steels. It probably has thousands of layers. 
    The handle is oak with tube pins.
    The sheath is made of 3 mm thick sturdy cow hide.

Hope you guys will like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Winter

Winter Rampaging Sausage Knife Maker or Craftsman

Choppy as fuck.

3. hellize

hehe :) thanks!

4. six

six straight up pimp

Coo Sauce :thumbsup:

5. B Dolim

B Dolim knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Awesome work!

6. hellize

Thanks guys! :ropeman:

7. Kn!ves

Kn!ves Little member

Love it and I typically don't really like damascus. Is it just for fun or is it functional too? I'm wondering if the mishmash of steel would hamper it's usefullness.

8. hellize

Thanks! :)
    Sure it can be used! Doesn't matter that it is composed of many kind of steels, they are all fused together now and are a single body ;)