1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Scam Warning

dwpease May 24, 2022

1. dwpease

dwpease Huge member

I posted a WTB and was scammed. My fault, I didn’t do my due diligence, but hope that I can prevent someone else from falling victim. I was contacted here via DM by Haveryxx with this message regarding a WTB post that I made: “if you’re still looking and may consider shipping, you can contact William in Ohio he has a Smith and Son Knives Rougarou he’s looking to sell this is his email address williamcowen134@gmail.com good luck”
    “William C. Owen, or William Cowen” whatever name he wanted to use was quick to send photos that he copied off the internet.
    Here is the Venmo information they used:

upload_2022-5-24_20-36-22.jpeg
    The last 4 digits of “Alain Perrier’s” cell phone for Venmo verification is 5730.
    Feel free to contact me if you have any information. I have a few things in the works, but in the mean time follow JD rules and do your due diligence.

DSpike13 likes this.
  2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Sorry for your problems, and I wish you well in your attempts to get this settled.

:ranton:
    BUT, I've said several times, IF YOU ARE CONTACTED BY A NEW MEMBER WITH AN OFFER TO SELL SOMETHING, ALERT A MODERATOR OR ADMINISTRATOR IMMEDIATELY!

This is using the same method that has been used here, and on other forums, to SCAM members. It's been tried more than a few times here, some times with success. Most often, they have a "friend" that has the exact knife that you desire for sale. Usually, they have a post count of ZERO, or one and just recently joined.

Protect yourselves and let forum staff know so that we can do our best to help keep OUR MEMBERSHIP safe from these predators.

Help us out. We do our best to keep this place properly policed, but sometimes a fox slips into the hen house unobserved. WE NEED YOUR HELP TO KEEP THIS PLACE SAFE!
    :rantoff:

DSpike13 and seandavid55 like this.