1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Saving big sharks?

averageguy Mar 5, 2009

1. averageguy

averageguy Little member

There's been plenty of media attention over the last several years about saving sharks. Ostensibly because they "are vital to the health of marine ecosystems". The only evidence of this that I can find is a single study in 2007 that suggests scallop populations are on the decline in some areas along the east cost. Are you kidding me? On the flipside smaller sharks and rays are becoming more numerous.

I believe the loss of large sharks would be inconsequential.

Sharks are a dominant predator over two thirds of our planet and likely would remain so indefinitely if it weren't for the ascendence of a more competent and vicious predator - humans.

Humans like sharks are at the top of the food chain. I'm sure some would argue that humans "are vital to the health of our ecosystem", but that's simply not true. In fact it's just the opposite, and I suspect given the overwhelming lack of evidence to the contrary, that the oceans would do just fine without either of us.

2. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

I like big sharks better that little ones.
    Couldnt have made Jaws about a nurse shark.:greydevil:

3. SoToo

SoToo paranoid self-destroyer

What the fuck kind of tree hugging bullshit are we emoing about now? I'm thinking of having scalloped potatoes with my dolphin and mayo sandwich tonight. :idunno:

4. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

That is fucking horrible SoToo.

Mayo is disgusting :bwah:

5. SoToo

IMO... It's way better than Miracle Whip. A little hard boiled egg, some chopped pickles, mayo, seasoned salt, and dolphin/tuna/shark. Mmmmm. I like it chilled first too, and then eat it on warm toast. Town House crackers will do if I'm in a hurry... but warm toast is best. Damn... I'm making myself hungry. :yesman:

I may be having some dolphin/tuna/shark in a little bit.

6. mp5man1

mp5man1 Tactical Performance Gear Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'm going to have to go with you on that. Mayo is great with dolphin or shark.

7. SoToo

That may be an interesting poll to run... Mayo or Miracle Whip? Now it's going to bother me tremendously, until I can get down to the truth of the matter. :Thinking:

8. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

The only accurate answer would be a side by side comparison :thumbsup:

I dont know why though, I cant stand mayo, or any creamy condiments(hold the perverted jokes, aw fuck it, bring em on!). Ill take a steak dipped in A1 sauce over anything out there any day.

9. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Mayo you freakin' pussy - and, 'oh by the way', if you can't respect the large 100 year old shark that was just minding its own freakin' business being a shark...then you really shouldn't complain when the only meat on your table is some freakin' grilled to 'taste like shark' tofu bean curd crap...

Because that, Soylent Green shit aside, is what we're going to be eating if we continue to eat the breeders. Ya wanna eat a juvenile 'sumpin' sumpin's, bully for you...but if you eat the mature breeder fish first, there will be no more sumpin's...get it?

Leave the mature beasts alone - lest you too find yourself alone, looking at your own leg, wondering just how that's gonna taste...:devilzide

10. SoToo

Damn... you may actually have something there. I have never actually put two and two together on that one... but mayo and pussy would probably be quite a tasty combination. :grinyes:

Dillon Brock likes this.
  11. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Hah, keep it up ya bugger and I'm gonna come piss on your grave while eating a pussy/mayo/dolphin/shark sandwich... :chuck:

12. SoToo

:peeps::rip:

:bwah: :bwah: :bwah:

13. Ironwolf

Ironwolf BANNED Fucktard

...at the risk of being an old skool vulgar bastid;sure,it might TASTE like tuna and mayo,just the mental image of a fella mowin' down on that particular repast makes me...well,naw;I wouldn't go with the 'mayo'

14. Ironwolf

Ironwolf BANNED Fucktard

make sure ya strain a bottle of Jack Daniel's thru yer liver first!:thumbsup:

15. SoToo

So... what's needed... eggs, pickles, toast to sop it all up with? :idunno:

16. Ironwolf

Ironwolf BANNED Fucktard

bag-el?

17. SoToo

Cinnamon Raisin?

With cream cheese?

18. englishmark

englishmark Wicked Gardener

Yeah, leave the big Sharks alone, the oceans need the big fishes.............makes me wonder, people are itching to go and catch big Sharks, because they argue it makes the oceans safer, because we don't want to be eaten by Jaws............so if we are worried about being eaten, how can we say that we are on the top of the food chain.

19. Ironwolf

Ironwolf BANNED Fucktard

the bigger the fishin' pole,the smaller the dick?Chances are 55 times greater of being hit by a bus than attacked by a shark,regardless of size.The bull shark holds the title for being a maneater;and as it can go up into freshwater rivers...

20. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Are you talking about dolphin the fish as in Mahi Mahi, or dolphin the mammal, as in Flipper? I would imagine a Mahi Mahi and mayo sandwich as pretty good, but I have never tried a Flipper sandwich, with or without mayo. I have had whale steak and it wasn't bad and I imagine that Flipper would be about the same type of meat.