1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Salmon River Jetboat rescue

Huevos Jun 10, 2018

1. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

I actually forgot about this video and came across it surfing youtube. I used to volunteer for safety boat duty at the Jet Boat races in Riggins Id. on the Salmon River. I did this for about 18 years. This is my one and only rescue.

tedwilliams, Towelie, Jim L. and 2 others like this.
  2. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

Good job. so you were the one driving the rescue boat, or on the back?

3. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

The rescue boat is (was, I sold it a couple years ago) mine and I was driving. Thanks, ya it looks kind of boring to watch on the video but fairly exciting in person. I did the races (it's a 2 day event) after running up river about 30 miles the day before and that's the exciting part with 4 class 4 rapids and a few class 3"s. The races are mostly parking on the bank and sitting on your ass with the occasional adrenaline surge... :)

4. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

the ride up sounds fun.

5. aafanatic

aafanatic Little Member

That was amazing. Anyone who's been in that kind of water knows how tricky it is. I'm just glad that it went so smooth. Thanks for sharing that;-)

6. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

It is fun. It's huge fun and I highly recommend the experience if you ever get the chance. The scenery in the Frank Church River of no Return wilderness alone is worth it. 100's of Elk, lots of Big Horn sheep and an occasional mountain lion and bear. I used to go for just that, run up and back (about 7 hours round trip) 3 days straight and not bother with the races. Then I got roped into doing the races one year and stuck with it.

Jim L., Towelie and desmodus like this.