1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

I am planning to buy a small pistol safe for quick access in my bed room. My kids are 9 & 11. I trust them but we are now having guests in the house and I think I should lock down any weapons I am not carrying.
    Any suggestions for secure easy access?

2. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

If you are looking for something to hold one or two handguns, consider a Gunvault. It opens by touch and not with a key or combo, so you can open it quickly in the dark.

http://www.gunvault.com/biometrics.html/

I have this one:

http://www.gunvault.com/minivault-gv1000s.html

It's not as fancy as the more expensive biometric models, but I have used it for10 years to hold my home defense and carry pistols and it works every time I open it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2016
  3. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I have the same model as TopHat. It's a great little pistol vault. I opted to stay away from the biometric safes due to a lot of reviews stating it would take several tries to get it open. One thing to consider is where you want to mount it. They have various opening styles. Good luck.

4. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

I just have a toddler so for the time being I use one of the cheapie stack-on's from amazon. I'm sure it's very easy to disable but I really just wanted something that would keep prying wandering hands out of.

I have two. They are each big enough to hold a full size and a subcompact.

5. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I use rope and handcuffs to keep the nosy fuckers away from my guns! :madaddy:

Actually, I have a lightweight gunsafe bolted to the basement floor to keep 'em outta grubby widdle hans, and pretty safe from the bigger assholes too!:bwah:

6. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

The minivault looks like just what I need. Biometricks sounds complicated.

7. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2016
  8. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

I have a Cannon with the Kaba Mas lock system.
    Very fast opening. Over-all a pretty good safe...

crogers likes this.