1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Safe Room or Safe?

CDR_Glock Oct 28, 2012

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

What do you think is better?

Lined walls/steel door, alarms? Vs. Huge Heavy Safe?

2. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

I would have to say that a gun safe would be more practical, in fact I bet you have one.

But a safe room would be way more baller. You can even fit a safe inside of the room for extra protection, and fire resistance.

If I was going to have a safe room set up, I would turn it into a mancave type deal.

3. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

I prefer a padded room. :ropeman:

4. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

I would think that a nice safe room would be crazy expensive. I would go with a few safes and alarm system. You can move a safe or two if you ever move but I'd say that the safe room is going to stay.

5. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore Balisong defender

Safe room , with a Safe in it ... :thumbsup:

If and when I buy a house .. I will Pic an extra Bedroom and convert it to a "Saferoom" to keep my safe in .. :bwah:

6. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

What good is a padded room that is filled with knives?

7. CDR_Glock

I have a room with 4 concrete walls and ceiling....

I'll look into the safe in a sanctum. Alternatively, maybe a safe disguised as a couch and coffee table in the sanctum? I just thought of a room with knives and guns mounted on the walls, biometric entry, alarms, motion detectors, and poisonous gas for unauthorized entry. Kidding about the bobby traps, of course. I don't think that's legal, actually.

I saw that post about the shelving that hides firearms but I'd only like that for the go to gun, not primary storage for everything. It won't stop a fire.

8. CDR_Glock

Maxi-pads, right?

9. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

For two lil 22's?:bwah:

10. CDR_Glock

22 what?

11. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

If you can swing it, the "safe within a secure room" seems to be the best approach.

12. Komitadjie

Komitadjie Jay to the Dee, Y'All!

Personally, a good fire / security safe that's mounted well against removal as a whole, some basic precautions not to advertise where I keep my stuff, and homeowner's insurance.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  13. Nelren

Nelren Tiny Member

First we need to understand for what purpose do you need safe? if to protect yourself, then of course you need a safe room, since even the largest safe is usually made in such a way that it closes only from the outside, but not from the inside. although there are such safes that you can actually fit there yourself :) https://www.thesafekeeper.com/fort-knox-legend-7261-vault.html

14. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

We're glad that you are eager to participate in our beloved forum, butt* we DO require that EVERYONE post an introduction before anything else. I notice that you have failed to do so.

Please go to the Testing the Waters. New member introductions forum at http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/testing-the-waters-new-member-introductions.34/ and tell us a little about yourself.

Otherwise, [​IMG]

Oh, and... nice necropost of an 8 year old thread. :necropost:

DeadThreadKittenDied.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Balibuyer likes this.