1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

SA OTF in front pocket

Chris W Aug 22, 2017

1. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

It's always in a fixed position sticking out of the handle first picture IMG_0273.JPG

Next picture with the push of the button it becomes longer than 4 inches which is illegal here if carried for a concealed knife IMG_0274.JPG

Got it ????

Pointy likes this.
  2. Pointy

Pointy Little Member

Ohh! I did not know they did that. Very interesting, thank you for the explanation.

So let me ask this - in another state would this be a problem? IE it's not really a switchblade, it's just a knife whose blade gets longer when you push a button. Does this get around any switchblade laws??

3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

-not sure I can own it can't carry it

4. Brotherscinco

Brotherscinco Tiny Member

Idk if this counts as resurrecting a dead thread....

...but i carried a halo v and halo iii in the pocket several times. In almost no situation will the button become depressed deeply enough into the handle to deploy the blade. It takes a very deliberate finger push. I’ve carried a lot of autos and never used a safety.

5. Thomas E Fraser

Thomas E Fraser Tiny Member

I have two custom leather horizontal belt carry, for my two Halo V''s.

6. Thomas E Fraser

Thomas E Fraser Tiny Member

Be pretty funny to try to see you try to get a deployed SA out of your pocket

7. Chris W

Chris W Huge member

Hello All. I haven't been around here much for a while as life's thrown me a few curves and bumps for a while. Anyway, I'm back and thought I'd resurrect this old thread of mine. I have had a HALO III 11/1998 for a while now but can't bring myself to ever carry it as it is in perfect condition, look like I went back in time for it.

Well, I recently got another HALO III and decided I am going to carry this one. I've had it in my pocket for the last couple of days and all appendages are still intact I'm glad to report. You really need to push the button quite a way until it fires so I don't see how it could fire in your pocket even if you leaned against something unless, maybe, you leaned against something shaped just right and for long enough.

I've always had a soft spot for HALO III's. To my eye, they are very elegant, trim, with everything stripped away but the essentials and they fire with authority.

Now that I'm back I'll try to contribute more to the forum and look forward to hanging out again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    BennytheBlade likes this.