1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

SA OTF in front pocket

Chris W Aug 22, 2017

1. Chris W

Chris W Huge member

Does anyone carry a SA OTF in their pocket on a regular or semi regular basis? I'm thinking about this but don't want to put a hole in my leg or slice off any vital parts!

2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Nope- I recently had Linos make 2 kydex sheaths for my s/a otfs- MT Halo and a Paragon. Gonna be nice when September rolls around.
    [​IMG]

Norcalflat, begreen61 and stdlrf11 like this.
  3. Brian_W204

Brian_W204 Enormous member

A Kydex sheath is certainly a good idea for carrying any S/A OTF that doesn't have a safety. I don't know if Kydex sheathes work very well for carrying inside the pocket, though. Seems like it would be awkward to use if the objective is to carry inside the pocket, without three inches of the knife handle sticking out anyway. What knife are you thinking of carrying?

4. Chris W

Chris W Huge member

Damn, those sheaths look pretty nice!

5. Chris W

Chris W Huge member

Thinking about carrying a ARS OTF.

6. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Why are you waiting until September?

crogers likes this.
  7. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Switchblades become legal in Texas in September.

So w/ this set up it wont be in the pocket ( the paragon has a safety) but the whole idea for me was to be able to have fast ez one handed access and this is setup up for behind my back strong hand. Couldnt ask for more.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    norcal13, desmodus and crogers like this.
  8. stdlrf11

crogers likes this.
  9. BennytheBlade

coll3ctor and crogers like this.
  10. stdlrf11

crogers likes this.
  11. BennytheBlade

Hmm, I guess they are but local law enforcement has told me its september. I dont wanna be a test case.

coll3ctor and crogers like this.
  12. stdlrf11

Where do you live?

I've been carrying an auto since the law was enacted in 2013 and haven't had any issues.

It's only a few days away, I know, but it struck me as odd.

crogers likes this.
  13. BennytheBlade

College Station

Whats weird is I remember the whole thing in 2012-2013 and thought it was a done deal, then talked to County and City cops and they said if the new bill passed it would be ok minus churches schools AND the A and M campus. Cops have a lot of discretion so I left it at that.

crogers likes this.
  14. stdlrf11

Say no more.

My wife is from Bryan, and we lived there a while. They seem to live by their own rules.

crogers likes this.
  15. BennytheBlade

Amen to that. College Station City cops are another breed. Zealous doesnt describe it.

crogers likes this.
  16. sharklasers

sharklasers JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I carry my Paragon Para X in my front pocket most days. The blade action on it isn't very strong if I fire it against a piece of paper it won't even pierce it.

17. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

only one i carry from time time is my vedomtech MT because it has an blade always in a fixed position it's only illegal when it goes into a 6 inch blade only wore it once or twice and that was the other one i sold DSCF2488.JPG

Attached Files:

18. iiiwildfireiii

iiiwildfireiii Average member

I just picked up a Heretic Knives Hydra OTF. It's single action, but it has a swivel cover over the button to prevent accidental deployments. I'd never heard of them before today, but I'm seriously loving this knife. It kind of feels like a Halo in the hand.

19. Pointy

Pointy Little Member

I thought because it would be cooler weather and easier to carry IWB without sweating all over the sheath :alcoholic:

20. Pointy

Pointy Little Member

Can you explain what you mean by "fixed position..only illegal when it goes into a 6 inch blade"?