1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Chattaway's 24 Hour Movie Marathon Challenge, Anyone Here Game ?

22MEANTXGUNS22 Feb 25, 2017

1. 22MEANTXGUNS22

22MEANTXGUNS22 Huge member

A friend of mine told me about this earlier today. Apparently Youtuber Ryan Chattaway has an annual challenge in which he encourages people to do a 24 hour movie marathon, but has guidelines in terms of what movies must be watched. You can do a straight 24 hour marathon, or you can break it up into segments. He usually stipulates that certain movies meet certain criteria, which have changed with every year, and the rest can be whatever you choose. This year his guidelines are as follows :

1) One movie with a number in the title (the actual title, not a sequel number)

2) One movie that starts with the first letter of your first name

3) One movie that starts with the first letter of your last name

4) A film that is 180+ minutes long

5) A film considered a flop (critical or financial)

6) A classic film you have never seen

7) A silent film, an animated film, or a musical (this is essentially a wild card, you can choose to do at least one of these choices, or all three)

Bonus - A trilogy, which can be official or unofficial (ie starring the same actor, having a similar theme, etc)

I verified from this gentleman that you can't combine guidelines, has to be one movie per guideline, which kind of put a damper on our original movie line up, but we opted to choose movies that fit these guidelines and took up the entire 24 hours instead. We put a lot of thought into it and made it a point to pick an eclectic line up of movies that have absolutely nothing in common, as opposed to a line up that is unvaried or has any type of recurring theme. It's still up for debate as to whether or not we will slay these films for 24 Hours straight though. May possibly make it a two day ordeal, three tops. This is what we decided on :

1) The 40 Year Old Virgin

2) The Accountant

3) Akira

4) Blood In, Blood Out

5) Krull

6) Easy Rider

7) For the wild card, we decided to go with an animated movie, The Watchmen Motion Comic. My friend and I debated if this counted as a film or a mini series. I personally consider all twelve issues to be a single graphic novel, and all twelve chapters to be a single movie, but as of now, I'm still waiting for clarification from Chattaway directly.

As for the bonus, we decided to go with "The Man With No Name" Trilogy. It's not only a trilogy, but one of those rare trilogies that is good from start to finish, and it takes up the last six and a half hours of the marathon, just going eight minutes over the 24 hour mark.

What about the rest of you ? Anyone else up for the challenge ? If so, what would your movie line be and how would you watch it ? 24 Hours straight or done over the course of several days ?

stdlrf11 likes this.
  2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I game. I do not watch much tv, though.

3. 22MEANTXGUNS22

22MEANTXGUNS22 Huge member

Well as it turns out, the Watchmen Motion Comic is in fact a mini series and not an actual single film, so my friend and I switched it out with "The Blues Brothers" and it's sequel, not as good, and could technically count as the flop, but as it turns out, both movies are exactly 257M, which completes the whole twenty four hours and meets the #7 guideline. Just placed the order on Amazon for Easy Rider and will probably get it some time before the end of the week.