1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. RaytheGreat

RaytheGreat Little member

The overall length is different, but the Roton's blade is 4 inches long vs the 62's 4.25 inches, so the handles are about the same length, give or take a little.
    I wish I knew of any alternative to the Roton besides a custom, it looks like a fabulous knife.
    I'm kind of wondering what it feels like to flip a steel channel double-edge knife. Sounds kind of scary to me.

2. Foreman

Foreman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

This thread needs some pics.

[​IMG]

Rotons flip pretty good, definitely better than the 6X's IMHO. Barebones is probably the closest modern production.

Do they still make Rotons? I'm still on the waiting list for the mini lol, that was like 14 years ago.:bwah:

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  3. socalbali

socalbali Little member

Thanks for the input everyone, Ill look into the BRS balis they seem to be popular

4. Billy_Goat

Billy_Goat JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

They are very popular for a good reason.:thumbsup:

5. RaytheGreat

Those knives look great, much better than the photos on the website. I'd be surprised if they still made them! 14 years is a long wait for anything, much less a knife.

6. purpledc

purpledc purple or blue, depends on the strength of your gr Brigade Member

IDK. I got a call last year from the lady who runs the front desk at knifemart and asked If I was still interested in one as they were planning another run. They don't make them often and when they do its in small batches. I know I had given up and the call came as a big surprise.

7. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I talked to the same lady about two years ago. Put my name on the list and still waiting. They were trying to find a new supplier of parts at the time (or something like that...she was telling me her whole life story so I kinda zoned out). At this point I'm not expecting the call. I'd definitely still buy it if the call does come but I'm assuming they're no longer producing.

***The one down side...the damn pivots (good luck replacing them)

8. RaytheGreat

Interesting! I hope they do manage to do another run, we could always use more quality production balis in circulation. Channel knives especially are short in supply. Roton definitely is a small company, they don't have many venders or knife models. I like the look of their folders though.

9. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

The Roton has gone through numerous iterations over its lifetime. It is labor intensive to get that polish done. I have bought and sold both the single edge and double edged versions a few years back. Obviously a BM 45 or 44 that comes up on occasions is a viable alternative without the mirror polish.

I acquired a Seto Channel balisong from Pinoysteel a while ago. Great old school balisong for the money.

I also acquired an old Mike England Channel stainless Weehawk, similar in feel.

Lastly, I was lucky enough to find a Pandayan Balisong from this forum a few years back. Excellent old school feel.

10. PlntDr

PlntDr Level: True Devil

:thumbsup: Serious lack of Pandayans now days

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CDR_Glock likes this.
  11. socalbali

socalbali Little member

I think I have the same Seto balisong your talking about.. Great Bali just like the old Pacific cutlery knives setobalisong.jpg