1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Rogue One

PS-RagE Dec 17, 2016

1. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

OK, I was impressed. Someone got it right! A little dark for a SW but to be expected.

... and that ending! :clap:

2. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

i was not at all impressed with 'the force awakens'.

i didn't even see it in the theater. i skipped out on it altogether until just last night. i figured i was going to need to see it if i was going to see 'rogue one'...

disney being in charge turned me off immediately and almost completely. i still think it shouldn't be their show, but i guess it's bought and paid for now so fuck it i may as well sit back and watch.

3. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I actually enjoyed "most" of FA, yeah there were elements that weren't on par and some of the plot were a bit stretched, in all it wasn't at all bad.

Really looking forward to R1, especially hearing it being a bit darker in tone.

4. PS-RagE

I liked "Force Awakens" well enough. Seen it quite a few times now. Some of it was a little lame but it was a pretty good homage to the original films.

"Rogue One" was much better though.

Watching "A New Hope" now, of course :bwah:

5. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

Really looking forward to seeing Rogue One.

I liked FA well enough but did find Kylo Ren to be a little bitch that reminded me of a spoiled child with his little temper tantrums and not of the same class as the previous villains.

I've seen every one on the big screen when first released, including A New Hope, so why break the tradition now........

6. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

Rogue One was awesome! Lot's of hat tips to the old school and random guest appearances. The sets and costumes were true to the original movies.

I'm sure I'll go see it again and spend a little time judging it yet I'm guessing I'll enjoy it just as much if not more. Great story contained within itself that made it all happen.

I give it two thumbs up! :thumbsup: :jdwink2:

7. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Just back from the theater, flu and all. Three thumbs up, entertaining for sure!

8. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

Fanfuckingtastic! That is all.

9. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Cool piece of story that was definitely missing from the 1st released film*

10. PS-RagE

That was the first movie I've been to in ages that the audience actually applauded when it ended!

11. vileperson

vileperson Enormous member

Being 38, I didn't see 4,5, or 6 in theaters... But I have seen everything since then, on opening night. I have never been disappointed by any of them. Sure there are some things that were just (Jar Jar) dumb, but overall I am just a fan of Star Wars.

That being said, Rogue One was GREAT. I was thoroughly impressed.