1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

RJ Martin Picture Thread

RNST Feb 1, 2009

1. TKC

TKC Earthbound misfit Lady Devil

Here are some better pix of my Q-36.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RNST likes this.
  2. Kublai

Kublai Little member

These are some awesome knives. Thanks for the pics. TheKnifeCollector, are the carbon fiber scales on your Q36 striated as well? Great knife.

3. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

I can answer that since I got one from the same batch. Only the bolsters are striated. The carbon fiber is curved as you can see in the picture of the lock up. The surface of the Q36 carbon fiber is smooth.

[​IMG]

4. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Well, The Dibble will be returning to MN this afternoon and my pics might end up in another thread.....

Stay tuned!

5. Kublai

Kublai Little member

Thanks Mr.LaBella. I swear the cf look striated in the pics. I was curious since it seems like it's not an easy thing to do with cf (perhaps not possible?). At any rate, beautiful knives. Thanks for sharing the great pics.

6. RJ Martin

RJ Martin Tactical Knife Maker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Kublai: Actually, the C/F scales on RNST's Q are striated-You are correct, sir!

The striating on the scales is done at the same time as the bolsters-they are run as pairs so that I end up with perfectly matched sets of scales and bolsters. The striations are very fine, and in the case of the woven C/F, they become hard to see because of the weave of the material. Also, when I buff the handles, it tends to knock down the striations a bit as the C/F is softer than the titanium.

But, compared to polished C/F, the wet grip is much better.

RJ

7. Kublai

Kublai Little member

Thank you for the clarification. I love c/f and I agree, it can be slippery. The striated c/f not only seems to be a great solution to this problem, it looks very cool too.

8. Mr.LaBella

Very Cool Looking

9. David1967

David1967 mikov dealer Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. RJ Martin

Here is one that you may not have seen before....

11. obey1

obey1 Huge member

That is just an amazing collection. I am happy to have helped you with your problem!

12. 13.45

13.45 NRA Benefactor Life Member

WOW! tons of great stuff here! :devil1:

13. RNST

The old adage is you learn something new every day still applies.

My mistake and it did have me wondering how you got totally symmetrical CF scales on each side. So you have the bolsters and the CF scales on the CNC machine at the same time?? I think what threw me off RJ is the CF is very smooth and when I think of striations, I think of small grooves put in the metal or CF as the case may be.

:decisions

14. RJ Martin

RNST: Yes, both on the machine at the same time, with the backsides already perfectly flat. After contouring, they stay together as matched sets.

If you want to have some fun, get a jeweler's loupe and start looking at your knives with it. It's amazing what things really look like up close.

15. MiG Angel

MiG Angel vodka + insane

I like knives.

I like these the most.

16. MiG Angel

MiG Angel vodka + insane

Got my Q36 today and I love it. But damn rnst, I'm digging the Variable now.

Time to save up.

17. RNST

Isn't that the bitch about knife collecting in general?

No sooner do you have "the knife" you were looking for; as soon as its in hand you are coveting another one.

The Variable is a great knife and I have been using mine a lot. Not going to sell or trade it now since I have marked it up and the linen micarta now has a 'blue' tinge to it from my blue jeans. Excellent carry.

Got my 'regular' Q36 out today for some better pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

included some lint from a towel for your viewing pleasure.....

18. MiG Angel

MiG Angel vodka + insane

That's my edc right there!

The green one I can't keep sadly...but I'm really happy with the one I carry. Knocked the Sebenza out of the right front pocket for the meantime.

19. MiG Angel

MiG Angel vodka + insane

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Mr.LaBella

RJ Martin Collection

Here are some shots of my RJ Martin collection :madaddy:

Enjoy, and I hope you like them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to Young Master LaBella for his assistance! (And to my friend RJ Martin for scattering his fine work all through the friggin' planet to make collecting exciting)

goldmanglass likes this.