1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper.

elusiveweasle Jul 31, 2015

1. elusiveweasle

elusiveweasle Brigade Member Brigade Member

2. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

Sorry to hear,he was always one of my favorite wrestlers as well,R.i.p. Rowdy Roddy Piper.thoughts and prayers for his family.

3. Krull

Krull Legit Crybaby/Drama QUEEN

The last six years or so has been hard on the 80's wrestlers......

4. Toni

Toni JD Jeenius Lady Devil

I just saw this on my news page. RIP Roddy, he was so much fun to watch!! :thumbsup:

5. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Wow....that is shockingly sad. One of my favorite sci/fi flicks is John Carpenter`s "They Live", in which Roddy plays a great part....

R.I.P., Roddy....

6. SinCity

SinCity Dr. Strangelove

Too many gone. The list is long. RIP

Pipers Pit video, all gone. Miss Elizabeth 2003 @42, Randy Savage 2011 @58 & Roddy @61. There is a point when performers are so terrible they become great. 80's wrestling, I do miss it for some freaky reason.
    [video=youtube;4q9vrmrI3vk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q9vrmrI3vk[/video]

7. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Rest in peace Rowdy Piper, you will be missed.

8. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i am shocked and will have a moment of silence for him. He was great entertainment for me as a youth. May you now wrestle with greater beings. R.I.P.

9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

One of my favorite Piper's Pit episodes....

[video=youtube_share;GKXpSyjfIik]https://youtu.be/GKXpSyjfIik[/video]

Snuka must have a HARD head!

:rip: Roddy! :cry:

10. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

:rip:

11. SinCity

SinCity Dr. Strangelove

Roddy Piper once said to Mr. T that
    he wore more chains than his ancestors.

[video=youtube;RFlCD5CYAcU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlCD5CYAcU[/video]

12. medit8

medit8 Brigade Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

The Squared Circle
    'Rowdy' Roddy Piper was a rebel with a cause

From the days of his youth, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper could not be held down by the constraints of society.

Long before he ticked of fans as a kilt-wearing villain, only to eventually to entertain them as a rebellious hero, Roderick George Toombs of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan bucked authority.

Piper left home and began to fend for himself as a teenager. He literally fought his way through boarding schools, but eventually found his comfort zone in the wrestling business.

Why was this home for him? It was because the wrestling business at that time was full of rebels, full of men that found rules and regulations optional at best, and these rebels weren’t about to bring the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Piper along gently and show him the ropes.

He had to learn how the world of professional wrestling, especially the business side, worked the hard way — on his own.

Piper learned. It took a while, but he learned. He took a few bumps and bruises, a few shots to the ego, but he eventually learned.

The steep learning process built up a mental, emotional and psychological callous on Piper. It remained until the day he died.

Even when he was at the top of the industry, making truck-loads of money and working opposite Hulk Hogan, the biggest star the wrestling business had ever seen to that point, that callous of rebellion was with him.

Piper honed his skills to the point that he became the top villain in wrestling. In fact, he was arguably the best heel the WWE had ever had to that point.

He’d needle the fans to the point of hatred and got under their skin even more when he disparaged their beloved Hogan.

As the story usually goes in wrestling, the bad guy may get his minor victories in, but the good guy eventually gets the major one.

Not with Piper. Nope. That wasn’t going to happen. Piper’s upbringing and smarts told him otherwise.

Piper spent his entire life looking out for himself, and that wasn’t going to change when it came to lying down for Hogan.

Hogan had vanquished countless other monstrous villains before Piper, only for that monster to be pushed aside or the next monster in line.

Piper was not a monster, but knew that he would get the same treatment if he followed suit. He didn’t want that. He liked being in a top position and wasn’t all that keen on giving it up so easily. So, he didn’t.

Piper bucked the trend, bucked authority, bucked the great Vince McMahon himself and never agreed to being pinned by Hogan during their heated rivalry during the 1980s.

To be fair, he never pinned Hogan either. Beating Hogan would have meant Piper winning the WWE championship.

Championship gold wouldn’t have fit Piper anyway. A rebel like Piper never needed championships. It would have been just another thing to hold him down.

Even when Piper won his one and only singles title in the WWE, the Intercontinental championship in 1992, it looked strange on him and he quickly lost it to Bret Hart.

It did more for Hart at the time than it ever could for Piper.

That rebellious spirit is what endeared people from all walks of life to Piper. He never took any mess from anything or anyone. Not even Hodgkin’s lymphoma could hold him down.

He fought everyday to remain true to himself and gained the love and adoration of fans from every corner of the earth in the process.

In a bit of irony, Piper didn’t leave this earth in a rebellious blaze of glory, as most would expect. It would have been a fitting end for the man affectionately known as “Hotrod.”

Instead, he left quietly, humbly in his sleep.

He finally rested knowing that he lived life his way. No one could change the questions because he had all the answers

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...a-rebel-with-a-cause.html#eVhDVUD7yCqAwGK3.99

13. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

:rip: Rowdy Roddy Piper

14. scott308

scott308 Huge member

The fight scene between RRP and Keith David(I believe) was staged with the goal of surpassing the fight scene between John Wayne and ??? in the movie "The Quiet Man" in total film time.

Piper was an innovator behind the microphone -

15. Winter

Winter Rampaging Sausage Knife Maker or Craftsman

"I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSz9Vhd1s_s

Do yourself a favor and watch "Hell Comes To Frogtown".

Smoke a bowl and have a few beers first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK7T4YhUjHE