1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Replicant clone?

Richard Dangler May 6, 2019

1. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

It's a reanod kenfong. Let's move on.

2. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'm pretty sure MaxAce is a U.S company.

The reason they dont have an official store is because their Bali's are all manufactured in China.

Maxace can't officially sell them in the U.S because of the Bali import laws.. so they sell them via dhgate via China.. so it's the buyer/importer that is breaking the law not Maxace.

BennytheBlade likes this.
  3. Burnt Reynolds

Burnt Reynolds JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Makes sense. Couldn't they also skirt those laws by assembling the parts in America? I guess that adds American labor costs. Bali laws are wierd laws.

4. aka_fibonacci

aka_fibonacci Little Member

They do, FLS balisong does that. And yes, Maxace is straight up a Chinese company not a US one, I dont know what the other user is talking about.

Burnt Reynolds likes this.
  5. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I thought Maxace was part of Stedemon knives which was based out of china.

6. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

No they couldn't. You can't import any part of any Balisong.

Years ago, that was what Spyderco were doing with their Spyderfly. Someone spilled the beans on them and they got a huge fine. They also had to recall all of their knives and asked for people to hand them back in lol. It's the sole reason Spyderco stopped making the Spyderfly.

7. Burnt Reynolds

Burnt Reynolds JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Imagine customs won't bother getting involved unless they determine beforehand the offender is operating with enough capital to potentially cough up a substantial sum. With all the surrunding controversy, I cant imagine someone hasn't already tried dropping a roll of dimes on our veay good fend Missa Max Ace.

8. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

Good stuff

9. subtlemovement

subtlemovement JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Have you tried eating it and throwing it back up again? :fixed: