1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Reorganized my reloading stations

CDR_Glock Aug 22, 2018

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I have been reloading for a few years now, starting out with just 45 ACP, then 357 Magnum. My friend introduced me to 44 Magnum, gave me his Dillon 450 with the S&W 629 PC that he sold me. I became hooked on recoil.

I started reloading 454 Casull, 460 S&W and 500 S&W on a single stage. To facilitate a faster process, I have separate powder drops for 500 Magnum x 2 (500 grain bullets, 350 grain bullets), 454 Casull and 460.

[​IMG]

One day I was talking to a new friend saying I wanted one of those automated reloading machines that I saw for around $3k. She said she wanted to sell her Dillon 550, so after a good deal, I decided to jump on it.

However, I was “out of space”. My desk had 3 presses already but the other side of the desk was unused and had wasted space. So I turned it in my basement workshop so I can have more working room....

[​IMG]

So here is how 1/4 of the workroom looks...I have crossbows and a compound bow hanging from the ceiling.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I have some donations to work on to clear out some potential space, still. It’s a work in progress. There’s 3 store rooms downstairs that need decluttering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

El Gringo, Rio, markandrex and 2 others like this.
  2. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing the full setup as you continue to clean and organize.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  3. Thanos74

Thanos74 Hillbilly Deluxe JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Sweet!!!

CDR_Glock likes this.
  4. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thanks for making me ashamed of my mess. Looks good.

El Gringo and CDR_Glock like this.
  5. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Damn, you have way too much time on your hands!!! Looks great!:marty:

CDR_Glock likes this.
  6. CDR_Glock

I am wanting to reload rifle rounds, but I’m thinking of a separate station on the desk

I don’t like to clutter primers and powder together. It doesn’t make for a safe situation.

I have a few things to donate in the basement storeroom C to make space.

Rio likes this.
  7. CDR_Glock

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Updated to add an RCBS turret press for rifle ammunition.

I’ve been reloading 9 mm so it has been cluttered on the desk.

Pinoy Knife, Rio and seandavid55 like this.
  8. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Very jelous of your shop (in a good way), looking sharp CDR, be safe and enjoy the journey.:peace::parker::parker:

CDR_Glock likes this.
  9. CDR_Glock

Thank you.

It has been like a part time job.

I collect about 300-500 rounds from the range every time I go so I have a near endless supply of brass.

It’s fun to just crank out 100-150 rounds of different calibers.

I can’t wait to start the turret press. I have everything I need equipmentwise. I need components for different calibers, now. I’ll start with 300 AAC because I am getting a titanium Suppressor for centerfire Rifle this month, along with 3 other cans.

Rio likes this.
  10. CDR_Glock

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ok, so I organized everything, finally.

I put all Brass, primers, and bullets next to each press. The primer tubes in the center with the primer tray. The manual is on the edge of the bench. I have others to put there, too (Hornady, Speer, and Lyman).

Now I can see what is running low, which is just 44 Magnum bullets. Everything else is more than enough for my volume of shooting.

The tumblers are on the ground since one time it tumbled off of the bench. I decided it was best to put them in a corner.

Rio likes this.
  11. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Well done.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  12. Bentnail

Bentnail Little member

good looking setup