1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Remember the Emerson Bali?

nostimos Nov 30, 2017

1. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

For those of you that want a good laugh,
    There’s an Emerson Bali for sale on BF for only $850!
    It’s a commander style blade.
    Listed under custom knives for sale by individuals.
    Are these really customs/handmade like his custom series folders?

Notice how I didn’t bother putting it in the deal spotter thread . . . .

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    begreen61 likes this.
  2. chintofong

chintofong JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It is the same guy who a couple of months before posted it for sale, but his asking price at that time was higher......$1550!!!

nostimos likes this.
  3. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Same guy who listed it for $1550 in September. Still WAY overpriced at $850! In spite of the fact that the first knife he built was a balisong, Emerson really missed the boat by finally releasing this type of knife this late in the game. I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay that much for a production bali, when Jerry's knives are the new standard and look/feel/ and are built better/cheaper...

Heck, I'd buy the Les George/Wilson Combat collaboration before I bought that Emerson!

nostimos and ATLWood like this.
  4. ATLWood

ATLWood Huge member

Handled a couple of these at bladeshow. Basically a BM51 with that retarded "wave" crap on it. I literally wouldn't pay $200 for one of those things...

nostimos and skyblue like this.
  5. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

But but emerson

nostimos likes this.
  6. Atheos

Atheos Average member JDBA Official Member

I don't understand this knife. Or why anyone would want one, even at a decent price. I'm sure there are some emerson-heads out there saying its the best balisong EVAR MADE.

7. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

So wtf, is there not going to be a full on production release!? I have been saving some cash for one since news of it at blade show ....

If it IS a good flipper, it'd also just be good for my collection.

8. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

I remember hearing the price for these at blade was high. I do not remember the specific number but I do recall how shocked it made me.

9. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

I think it was in the $400 neighborhood but I could be wrong. I laughed when I saw these. Actually laughed, then my attention focused in on the wave and then I laughed for a bit more...

10. J32A2

J32A2 Huge member JDBA Official Member

Wave or die, bro.