1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Rechamber Remington 700 or finish another project

Anchorblew May 30, 2019

1. Anchorblew

Anchorblew Title? What's a title?

I've been pondering buying a new Bartlein barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor to rechamber my rifle from it's original 308 WIN. My other considerations are finish building an AR-10 from a lower that I purchased a few years ago or the AR-9 lower that I have. Both AR lowers are finished, I just need a complete upper for either one. All 3 projects interest me, but I currently only have the finances to complete one of these projects.

Factory Parts:
    Original Action
    Original Bolt
    Original Barrel

Mods:
    MDT HS3 Chassis
    MDT Skeletonized stock
    Hogue oversized AR-15 style grip
    Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56
    Nightforce Titanium Rings
    Timney Trigger
    American Precision Arms Gen 2 Fat Bastard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

How many rounds through the 308?

3. Anchorblew

4. Turkeytooth

Turkeytooth JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

If money is an issue I'd build out the AR-9. Not the most practical use of the AR platform IMO, but fun as hell to shoot and ammo cost less.

seandavid55 likes this.
  5. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Lots of barrel life left. I'd go with the ar9 as well.

Could put a 6.5 barrel in the ar10...

Turkeytooth likes this.
  6. Anchorblew

I actually already have one AR-9 pistol and ammo isn't an issue (I've been reloading for over a decade now). The second AR-9 lower that I have will be a 16" rifle size PCC. I considered building the AR-10 into a 6.5 Creedmoor, but the idea of pissing away Match grade rounds in a semi-auto platform doesn't sound ideal. Whereas the Rem700 is my ideal platform for sending 6.5 Creedmoor. My idea is that the AR-10 will eventually be a 308, the Rem700 will be my 6.5, and I will have a second AR-9. I will complete all of these projects, just not at the same time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2019