1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. knateknife

knateknife JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Havin some fun

Went out today to release some steam, me, a couple of bros, and all quality weaponry. I love that AR, A-team arms from Grants Pass Oregon, definitely my favorite. That, and the Glock 19 are mine.
    That Benelli… something special to say the least. Action smooth like silk, almost zero kick, and beautifully crafted, without a doubt the finest shotgun I have ever shot. The other is a Remington 700 .223 perfect for the black tail deer that live in the mountains of southern Oregon with me.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. yingzhaoquan

yingzhaoquan Huge member

range report

Ruger 10/22 takedown
    Hadn't seen one posted yet so thought I'd put one up. Plus they say everyone needs at least 1 22Lr in their collection. This is mine. Great little rifle and was surprisingly accurate. I'm out at 30+ yards and just stock iron sights on the rifle. Laid the first can on its side and if you look close youll see where it went straight through the bottom and out of the cap, sending the cap flying. Its a great gun for anything you may want to use it for, from just plinking in the yard, to hunting small game. Ive run about 1500 rounds through it and The only ammo I had any issue with was bulk Winchester copper plated HP. The mouth on some of the bullets was a bit too wide and would hang up when feeding and bind inside the chamber. Every other ammo I've put in it, including other brands of hollow points, fed perfectly though.

https://youtu.be/qq5Gg43T9zQ

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  3. knateknife

I have a takedown I love it.
    mine came with a 25 round mag. and it jams every time I have tried it.
    other than that, not a flaw.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  4. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

Was it a BX25 or something aftermarket? Mine work perfectly with the Ruger ones, the steel-lipped aftermarket ones usually work, but the plastic (specifically Hot-lips) just plain suck.

I pick up 10 rounders every chance I get.

5. knateknife

Its a Butler Creek 25 round mag. and yes its plastic crap.

The 10 round has never jammed on me yet. I should pick up a few extra.

6. Komodo

Komodo entertainment coordinator Brigade Member

Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911 .45

I love this gun! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Just got back from the range from it's first time out, and, my first time firing a .45. Gotta tell you guys, this thing fires GREAT!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a TERRIBLE shot, but I managed to put 50 rounds in a group the size of a softball, dead center on the target, at 25 feet. For me, that's spectacular! :bwah:

The gun has less kick than my Glock 17 (9mm), is easier to control, and is just a pleasure to fire. I think a large part of that is because of the 5 lbs trigger pull, it makes it SO easy to fire without pulling it to one side or the other.

After the initial 50 rounds, I switched over to the Glock, put 200 rounds thru that, then 50 thru my .380 and another 50 .22 mag. Came back to the Sig for another 50 rounds, and even though my hands were getting tired, it still fired better than the other 3 guns. It's almost as if IT wanted to be on target, no matter what I did! :bwah:

The gun feels good in the hand, is EASY to fire, and accurate. What else could you want??? :thumbsup:

Once again I'd like to thank all you guys for helping me decide to buy this. It's the best decision I've made in a long time!

7. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Range Report - 5/4/16

A good breakfast with friend Lee Smith at Echo Lake Café, Bigfork, MT followed by great weather and good company at the range. It's our pistol match season now, so in-between weekends get Glock 19 trigger time. Draw, engage, holster, repeat until 'Glock Finger' sets in. Go with loaded mags, shoot until empty, reload, repeat; the usual.

Plastic Fantastic.jpg

Lee suggested that for grins, we also bring something that we don't shoot often. I've been toying with the idea of selling my 1970's vintage, German made J.P. Sauer & Sohns 'Western Marshall' .44 Mag SAA revolver, and 1986 manufacture Marlin 1894 in the same caliber.

The irony being that in my mind, I can't afford to shoot them, as the ammo has gotten so expensive. The truth is, I have ~500 rounds of quality ammo, long paid for. Anyhoo...

The revolver shoots 3" low, POA at 40', due to the tall height of the front blade sight. Spot-on with more blade showing, and all -0 on a standard IDPA at just under 25 yards. The 5.5" barrel makes a rapid draw from an Uncle Mike's a PITA. I'm into this one only as payment for a $150 debt owed. I'll sell it once I find a nice 3.5"/4.5" DA like a Ruger Redhawk, on the cheap.

View attachment 135507

The Marlin, on the other hand, is a keeper. I inherited this one, and it's ever so sweet. Not sure if it's the age, or the period quality and JM stamped barrel, but it sure is fun and accurate with both Specials and Magnums. It was a good day.

Marlin 1894S.jpg

Thumb Buster 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2016
    El Gringo likes this.
  8. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Not sure if anyone is to interested. But I switched my Hahn magazine adapter to this adapter from Stern. Anyone looking at 9mm AR adapters should check them out.
    20180603_171603-800x600.jpg

I didn't have a lot of issues with the Hahn. What issues I had I believe were the magazines.

Regardless, I've always been a fan of magazines that could be used between different platforms. This adapter takes my M&P9 magazines. Just fired a few rounds from a few different mags. 100% reliability so far.

One thing to note, it doesn't make use of the stock magazine release. Which will take a bit to get use to.

9. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

As an update, I've put a lot of rounds through this now. Various shooters and various ammo. Only 2 malfunctions. Which were the same person. Someone else said he saw the shooter baby the bolt forward.

All in all I'm way happier with this set up. Nice when things work like they are suppose to.

BennytheBlade likes this.
  10. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

Tomorrow I go shoot my annual LEOSA Qualification Course (Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act) which is more or less like a National CCW but have to qualify annually.

According to Mike Grasso - Aim Small, Miss Small. Today I folded a standard target in thirds vertically and shot it from the 3, 7, and 15 yards - the distances to be shot tomorrow.

Thirty Rounds; 2 deliberately to the head.

ccc_target.jpg

BowtownBlade likes this.
  11. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]2018-07-02_11-20-04 by Walter Klopek, on Flickr

1st magazine at the range this go round (not first ever) in the Sig 320RX with the subcompact grip module and obsidian arms pinky extension. I love this gun.

28ft, 9mm, indoor range, tula ammo.

seandavid55 likes this.
  12. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Did you close your eyes on 4 of the shots???

Agree, I shot the Sig 320 and fell in love with it. Along with the Glock 19 and SW M&P 2.0 were my final 3 choices. Went with the M&P.

***Revolvers are next on the list

13. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

So i made a little backyard airgun range and a neighbor called the cops on me. I live in the city limits so its a no go. Glad i dont know who the neighbor is. Upside is, the cop was very cool, and the pcp beeman chief is very accurate. Downside is, gonna have to drive to a friends to shoot an airgun, and i have pussies for neighbors.

El Gringo likes this.
  14. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

You can always fill a 14" X14" box with rubber mulch and have an indoor range. That's what I found works best with my Marauder .25... I sight in down in the basement.

BennytheBlade likes this.
  15. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

Took the afternoon to go to the range and shoot some pistols I haven't shot in a while. I brought my 1954 Colt Government Model; Safari Arms (made by Olympic Arms) Enforcer (Commander Slide, Officer's Frame); and an Omega 6" 1911 style pistol that has a dual extractor so with a switch of a barrel/magazine you can switch back and forth from 10 MM, 9 MM, .45 ACP, and .38 Super. It is a dual extractor equipped pistol. I only have the 10 MM barrel; the other barrels are "unobtanium" but Joe Peters (formerly of Peterstahl (German manufacturer of the Springfield Armory Omega 10) is planning to make barrels again.

I shot 30 rounds with each pistol; what used to be the CBP Qualification Course.

1ST Stage - 3-1/2 yards (4 yards today) 6 rounds strong hand only; reload and shoot 6 rounds support hand only
    2ND Stage - 7 yard line 2 rounds center mass, 2 rounds center mass, 2 rounds center mass; reload
    3RD Stage - 7 yard line 2 rounds center mass 1 round to the head; repeat 2 to the chest, 1 to the head
    4TH Stage - 15 yard line 2 rounds strong side barricade; 2 rounds support side barricade; 2 rounds strong side barricade, kneeling.

Although it isn't rocket science shooting; it is practical in nature - concentrates on the center core of the target. To add some degree of a challenge, I folded the target vertically in thirds. According to Mike Grasso if you aim small you can miss small!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had fun.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    seandavid55 likes this.
  16. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Tiny Member

Custom 338LM. XLR Evo HD chassis, Badger M2013, Bartlein 27.5" 1:9.3, APA Fat Bastard, LRA F-class bipod, Triggertech Diamond, Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56. Shooting handloads Lapua brass, Hornady 285gr ELDM, Fed primers, 90.5gr H1000.

Attached Files:

17. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Rhino hunting?
    :bang:

crogers and Matt Rogers like this.
  18. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I use mine for chipmunks! [​IMG]

19. BennytheBlade

Best groups 50 yds w/ the desquirrelinator suppressed, benched. Gonna be a long hard summer for them

50 yds.jpg
    50 yds supressed.jpg

Best groups 25 yds off hand w/ the MKIV. My offhand skills suck ass.

25 mkiv2.jpg

25 mkiv.jpg