1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Random WIP shots

balibalistic Dec 31, 2011

1. balibalistic

balibalistic Outlaw Knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Glad Ron approves!!

Thanks you guys! I'm just posting the odd picture here and there. There really is quite a bit involved with building bails from scratch. One of these days I will document every step for you's to see.

I did try water jet once and wasn't happy with the results so I went back to doing it all myself in my shop. That way I have full control over the entire process. One day I hope I can afford and have room for a nice Bridgeport mill :)

2. calvinnation

calvinnation Down For Life

I would love that, cause I have been very seriously considering dropping a big chunk of cash on a bunch of equipment like yours, considering I would be making (or try to be making) similar stuff as you do. Thumbs up for a full wip thread!

3. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

If you start making balisongs and they're quality.... PM me. From what i've seen in your flipping i think you'd make a nasty balisong with the right tools and if you have the skill for it :thumbsup:

4. accurate

accurate Accurate Devil JDBA Official Member

Hollow grinding at it's finest!

5. balibalistic

Man,I would start out with very basic tools,before dropping a bunch of cash on stuff. That way you can learn what you might make better use of,you know?

6. balibalistic

[​IMG]

7. dsanti

dsanti knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

That grind is legendary. I can't wait to see the completed knife!

8. calvinnation

calvinnation Down For Life

Thats the problem, Im finding it so hard to get started. I know I would love making knives but its alot of money to get the equipment I want, but then I think about getting some cheaper stuff and it just leads me to wanting the best of the best.

The only tool I really have now, is a drill press. I would love to get a Great grinder (I was looking at Bee Grinders), I would love a decent heat treat oven (which would probably be the last thing I buy),a good bandsaw as well. I would also love a mediocre mill/drill too.

The thing that sucks is I lost my old job to surgery so Im not pulling in a lot of dough... I think I would have already had some stuff if it werent for that.

9. balibalistic

Blade is ground,everything is at a 320 grit finish,I will do the handle work and all that before final blade finishing as I will probably scratch it up more.

[​IMG]

Oh,I ground this one in my teehawk style,deep all over and the grinds all but touch!

10. EOD13

That grind :ross:

11. mattlclemens

mattlclemens Down For Life JDBA Official Member

Wow man whoever wins this will be the envy of the JD

12. balibalistic

Actually, this one is for the boss of the J.D. I will be doing the raffle Bali next! Sorry this has taken a while guys, I've had other things to work at at the same time.

13. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

:ron: :bwah: :jdwink2:

14. balibalistic

Gonna start on a pocket clip!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. accurate

accurate Accurate Devil JDBA Official Member

Your satin finish looks great on that LST. I can see why that's tough to do.

16. balibalistic

Machined clip!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. balibalistic

Man, I'm having way to much fun with this stupid iPad and iPhone :manganr:

18. EOD13

They can be VERY addictive :bwah:

I love that clip too btw. I'm not a huge fan of clips on balisongs, but it looks VERY fluid :thumbsup:

19. balibalistic

Thanks man, it looks kind of half assed right now but after I finish it and torch it, that mokuti looks nice. I try to make clips that don't interfere and just work.

And yes I just got the iPad for Xmas and after handling it I had to trade in my android for an iPhone. That's what I'm using for all the photos.i think I'm fully iOS converted.

20. EOD13

And that is why you make some of the best balisongs out there ever :ross: