1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

R.I.P. Clydetz :(

Mr.LaBella Jan 15, 2018

1. rudechuck

rudechuck Worst Blood Brigade Member

True words. Like so many here who I've never met, you have been a part of my life for so long, I consider you friends. And that makes those of you I have met all the more special to me. I'm sad that I've stayed away for so long. I'll miss you, Gary. You were a good man.

ded i, Kelper, Rio and 6 others like this.
  2. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

I had to stop and read this thread again from the start.
    Then I read all of those new posts after mine.
    Then I looked at the names of those posters.
    Guys (myself included) who were a part of the great Jerzee Devil all along. right back into the early days.
    Guys I had lots of banter with like friends. Good friends. Many whom I met and shared a beer with.
    Somehow life got in the way of JD for many and their lives and families have moved on somewhat. That's cool, that's life.

Gary was one of those people I didn't get to share a beer with as we always seemed to miss each other for one reason or another when I was across the pond. Now i'll raise a drink in his honour. What a great great guy and a devil to the end..... and the new beginning no doubt.

I have no doubt he'd be humbled and smiling from ear to deaf ear to see all the old Devils coming back here to wish him Godspeed and just show their respects.

To let him know that we all thought so highly of him we had to let him know.

Mo, you gave him the best years of his life. He was so proud of you. Wipe the tears and smile a little. You got to share a little of life with our good friend. I'll always have a little smile when I think of him.

God bless you Gary. See you when I get there for that beer.

Ray

sam eib, Kelper, ded i and 12 others like this.
  3. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Fuckin A , Ray............now you got me leaking.
    Well said.

ded i, Kelper, Rio and 5 others like this.
  4. Nathan Dewey

Nathan Dewey That guy you know Knife Maker or Craftsman

I pray for comfort an guidance to those closest to this situation.

ded i, tubtar and markandrex like this.
  5. GAMBIT

GAMBIT The Protector of the Pro-Tech Brigade Member

R.I.P. Gary. You will be missed.

ded i, Rio, tubtar and 1 other person like this.
  6. knifecarver

knifecarver Embellisher of skin, bone, horn & metal Lady Devil

OMG! If it wasn't for Gary, I wouldn't be a Devil! I was lucky to have met him, lucky to have seen his impressive knife collection, lucky to own one of his Buck 110's & Honored that he commissioned me embellish some of his knives. I can't believe I'm reading this. My heart goes out to you, Mo. I was so happy, after all he had been thru, that he found you. He was a good guy, with a good heart. Sending Smoke & prayers.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    ded i, Rio, AJD1 and 2 others like this.
  7. GODDESS OF VENGEANCE

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE Crazy Bitch Lady Devil Super Moderator

My heart aches deeply after hearing of this. I'm honored to have had the pleasure of meeting Gary on the forum and in person on more than one occasion. A down to earth man with a big heart.

I will forever cherish the my cowgirl hat you surprised me with at a meeting years ago and the beautiful tiger picture inside a beautiful frame that you gave me another time....which sits on my dresser because you told me that you admired me for fighting every health battle head on fierce like a tiger. I look at that everyday remembering what you told me....as I continue to fight all my health battles today.

Hands down a good man and will be deeply missed. My deepest condolences goes out to Mo, family, friends, and everyone on JD!

Your memory will forever live on here at JD! You will be deeply missed my friend. May you rest in peace... :heart:

GEEZER, ded i, Roger and 8 others like this.
  8. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr Nuclear Powered Devil

Gary was one of the nicest people I ever met online. I will miss his wry humor and helpful attitude. And the fun photos of the backyard pond.

ded i, Rio, AJD1 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Saturday at The Station, I will be buying Scotch Sours *NO FRUIT* for everyone @Tony8179

Clydetz (Gary) will truly be remembered/honoUred!

GEEZER, ded i, Rio and 3 others like this.
  10. trldad

trldad Huge member

RIP Clydetz
    Gary was a true Jerzee Devil.

And the world is a little bit less because of his passing.

ded i, Rio, AJD1 and 1 other person like this.
  11. TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy NATURE'S FINEST Super Moderator

He was a caring and generous man. I remember about 15 years ago when I was out of work after getting out of the Navy I put up a few knives for sale and he sent me more than my asking price and a nice note. He genuinely cared about the people around him and in all my years on Ramanon, JD, etc.. as many asshats as there are on the internet, I never saw a single person speak ill of him.

ded i, Rio, crogers and 2 others like this.
  12. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

I second that, is like the day goes by i read something or his smiling face shows up and my eyes get all wet...

ded i, AJD1, crogers and 2 others like this.
  13. Bill T

Bill T Snatch Boogie Knife Maker or Craftsman

When I heard the news about Gary...like so many others, I was truly heartbroken..
    What good comment can't be made about this man?
    Kind...
    Giving..
    Supportive..
    Patriotic..
    And most importantly Loving...

He Loved Mo... he Loved his dogs..
    And yes, he Loved us. If you've ever met him, you knew that right off the bat.

I had surgery some years back...I told Gary once I might not make it to the JD GTG because of it..I just couldn't walk well.
    He told me not to worry, he'll bring a cane for me.
    Being a ball breaker myself, I thought nothing more of it..till I showed up.
    And there was Gary...grinning his ass off holding a cane out for me.

I still use it..a lot.
    But as I sit here typing this...with some errant moisture in my eyes...I know it will never be the same.

That is how you can tell A Great One has passed...they leave a wake of emptiness behind them.

You will Truly be missed Gary.

My Condolences to Mo and to the JD..

OnceBitten, ded i, AJD1 and 3 others like this.
  14. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

Just seeing this now.
    Damn... just, damn.
    RIP old friend, I'll miss you buddy.

15. WJBennett

WJBennett Huge member

Very sad news.

R.I.P. Gary

Rio and tubtar like this.
  16. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Wow....this is absolutely crushing....
    RIP, Gary, see you on The Other Side, Brother....

17. HotrodKelley

HotrodKelley Brigade Member Brigade Member

I'm sorry. This forum isn't going to be the same....
    God bless him and his family and friends.

18. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Very true, a lot of us are going to have to pick up his slack.

I propose a BUMPFEST in honoUr of Clydetz!

No holds barred (trannys, Pakistani knives as Glenn pointed out, etc.)

:D

Still waiting to hear back and trying some other avenues on details...

Kelper, crogers, ded i and 1 other person like this.
  19. howiesatwork

howiesatwork awesome member

Sad to hear Gary isn't here, except in our hearts. Remember him well.

20. elusiveweasle

elusiveweasle Brigade Member Brigade Member

Gary was a true gentleman. So sorry to hear of this.
    RIP you old Devil.

tubtar, Kelper, ded i and 1 other person like this.