1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Question for the community

Sharpazzhell Apr 8, 2019

1. Sharpazzhell

Sharpazzhell locomotive disaster

Anyone feel free to give any in for comment. I know it comes down to preference on what you want. But this is a question based on value, what goes up in value, which one is the better collectible, which 1 would sell more, outof the whole community of these 4 knives what would you think most of the community would take?, and most importantly, which one is a collectable combined with go up in value, and is a good flipper?

This 4 knives are

We got out Chuck G that's currently selling on websites right now.

Excellent condition benchmade 259 False top blade with pouch, zipper bag.

Spyderco grey V fly

Also I do have a grey rywowx thanx to Desmondous and begreen 61. I was thinking of getting the black rywowx 2 or any black one with a diff blade which are all # /99.

Those are the ones I will be able to afford.

2. Klyuchak

Klyuchak Little member JDBA Official Member

259 uses Zamak handles, so while one in good condition might rise in value a bit, I wouldn't get it unless you plan on leaving it sitting on a shelf; not hard to crack the handles from normal use.

Also, don't expect anything you flip, esecially if you're still learning, to rise in value.

3. Sharpazzhell

Thank you for that advice I did not know that about 259. Ok so I made descision not to get it. Any advice for the other 3. The ryworx I have in grey so it's really spyderco or chuck g

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    mike_geno likes this.
  4. Sharpazzhell

I'm also still looking for the old Bradley's. 1 & 2. Dont know if they had limited editions ever made or first production runs of the old ones?

So 259 is out on my descision.

3 left" rywowx, vfly, or chuck g

Anyone else?

mike_geno likes this.
  5. mike_geno

mike_geno Huge member JDBA Official Member

I've never seen a 259. Had to do an image search.

Attached Files:

6. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Flippers generally fuel and set the market prices for balisongs on the secondary market, and among those you mentioned, the Ryworx has the best mix of balance and a limited availability of only 99 made of each blade profile. It will be the most likely to retain or increase in value better than the other 2, but you'll need to keep it in the best condition possible in order to realize the most profit.

I'm partial to Chuck's knives and have a few of his early customs in the collection, but those are more of art knives and belong in a different niche. Unless the CG you're interested in is that, it would be a little more difficult to move in the future.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  7. Sharpazzhell

Thanks How about those like limited edition 51? Like I have the blue one but I know they have an Orange 1 where you probably can't take the scales off unless you know what you're doing? I know that they used to be lower price and they went up. I think the problem would be that they're always gonna be in stock but then again they could just discontinue it just like the 52 what do you think about that?

8. Sharpazzhell

Yeah on still intrested and a Bradley 7 or Bradley to or Bradley one . I found like the 8 and the 11 but it's very hard to find like a one or a 2. And let me ask you what you think of the barebones regular and the modded barebones the one that had like the brass on it I think Knights center had it 1 day?