1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Question about BRS Drops

P-hilC Apr 24, 2019

1. RaymondL108

RaymondL108 Tiny Member

You know, I was thinking about this the other day about which I like better. It's definitely a toss up. The CHAB is a good deal heavier, well balanced, and I love the way it sings when you flip it. My Tiger Rep is wayyyy better than my standard Rep. (I dont know it was a QC issue on th standard ones or what), it's a bit lighter than the chab, the G10 doesn't chime when you flip it, but it's great as well. They both flip exceptionally well, but I think it comes down to weight (I'm NOT a great flipper at all), but I prefer a heavier bali, so I guess I'd pick the CHAB by a nose lol

apdallaround and JAM3X like this.
  2. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

I can relate! I love that Ti CHAB ring, tho I've never actually held one and also like a heavier Bali as long as it has good grip and is Ballanced... I honestly think my ideal flipper would be a Rep, likely Hybrid. Might be to the 42 clones I've torn through? I'm also a pretty bad flipper (I just can't Chaplin, no matter how long I try) I'm actually getting used to my 51, probably because I always have it close. I'm gonna put FlyTi scales on it (maybe one on each handle at first?)
    Anyways, good luck growing ur skILLz!

Crybaby, RaymondL108 and apdallaround like this.
  3. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

YOUS FUCKING SCORED!

that rocks

congrats fellas

Crybaby, RaymondL108 and JAM3X like this.
  4. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

Yea boi!!! I'm really hyped, can't wait to get it in my hands!

Crybaby, RaymondL108 and apdallaround like this.
  5. P-hilC

P-hilC Little Member

I never did get an email from BHQ about the recent drop...

Crybaby, apdallaround and JAM3X like this.
  6. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

I don't know why, but I've been having trouble getting emails from BRS and BHQ. Were ya trying to cop an AB? If so, I feel for ya

Crybaby likes this.
  7. P-hilC

P-hilC Little Member

Not really, but usually get emails about a drop.

Crybaby likes this.
  8. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

I guess my accounts just needed some activity like signing in every once in a while, after doing so I finally started getting emails after almost none (except 1 or 2 from BHQ) in about 3 years.

Crybaby and P-hilC like this.
  9. P-hilC

P-hilC Little Member

Ah, good idea.

10. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

I got the CHAB today and I absolutely love it! It came in perfect condition, not a mark on it and no blade rub. Almost too nice to flip lol. I was kinda worried it would be too big or heavy but I like almost every about it; I don't really like the Alt blade but I think the acid helps the looks, and it would be nice to have a textured grip or more milling at the ends of the handles.
    Other than those nitpicky things I think it's perfect. Love the weight/ balance, and it fits my in my hands nicely. Can't forget about the sound!
    I still want a Rep tho, If I don't like it I can probably sell it but if it's half as nice as the CHAB I'll be happy.

Crybaby, GalaxyGrove and RaymondL108 like this.
  11. RaymondL108

RaymondL108 Tiny Member

Nice man! Glad you were able to score one!!! Definitely try to get a hold of a rep if you can, they're definitely smooth, and you can complete your collection. :)

Crybaby and JAM3X like this.
  12. GalaxyGrove

GalaxyGrove JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Got min a few days ago and agree with your opinions. I also now understand why some people remove the latch-that is the only thing I'm not crazy about. It works well, but it just flops around noisily when flipping and I'm hoping it doesn't scratch up the blade.

Crybaby and JAM3X like this.
  13. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

Definitely, I heard something about hybrid reps on the horizon. If true I'll jump one one of those fast!

Crybaby likes this.
  14. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

Congrats!
    Im not worried about the blade, the latch doesn't hang down enough to get into the blade. I am worried it will scratch the handles as it catches in between and bounces out.
    Happy flipping!

Crybaby likes this.
  15. Crybaby

Crybaby Little Member

Screenshot_20200724-182629_Instagram.jpg
    How everyone feels on the brs website XD

JAM3X, P-hilC and chutcher like this.