1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Question about BRS Drops

P-hilC Apr 24, 2019

1. Luis

Luis Little Member

Lol not at all fellow devil I'm saying they can do it better! Homs are freaking amazing btw

2. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Maybe you could get ahold of Ed, Lawrence or Jerry.. lend them your expertise?

Luis likes this.
  3. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

This right here is GOLD!

4. Luis

Luis Little Member

Lol jeez guys it ain't that serious. This is hobby stuff remember that. Lol anyways it's easy to be positive about it if you've got one in hand! Now feel for those who dont! I'm just bitchin and moaning cause I dont have one!!!!carry on gents lol

5. Luis

Luis Little Member

I absolutely have the confidence to share my ideas with these people that would be such an honor . I could possibly even invest if I had that opportunity

6. RoninFlipper

RoninFlipper Little Member

Here’s where you’re stone cold wrong pal.

There’s a big difference between balisongs and cars- one is 50 state legal. The other product is not. That’s why these sell out ASAP during drops- because resellers turn around and sell them on the secondary market to people in banned states like CA,NY HI and so on. Bad for BRS, bad for consumers, good for folks wanting a fast profit off some knives.

Don’t like drops and shortages and high azz prices? Get off your butt and call your state reps. Get some laws changed and maybe you can one day just buy an AB at a Scheels/WalMart/ etc

7. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

Fuck it a 51 is better than a brs. Plain and simple.

8. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Who the hell are Ed, Lawrence and Jerry? Sounds like a group of nerds.

If this is a thread about how to improve BRS then this is the perfect time for me to bring up my one issue (the same thing I've been complaining about since day 1)...ears...I want ears!

***Improves the design, improves safety...ears!

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  9. Shawnjohn999999

They will drop those mofuggers when they are good and ready. Nuff said.

10. laughingbuddha

It's too late, the damage has been done already.

I seen an AB with ears. It looked weird.

Ears are great if you're shanking or defecting/parrying a thrust.. but otherwise they are about as useful as a spring loaded pocket clip.

apdallaround likes this.
  11. Luis

Luis Little Member

Where I live its legal....(and still can't find them like that).

12. P-hilC

P-hilC Little Member

Agree totally. I don't have one of these knives yet either, and that is why I started this thread. Being new to the balisong hobby, I am finding out that these are very hard (if not impossible) to purchase new. Forcing you to buy second hand and hoping that the guy you are sending cash to via PayPal isn't some douche bag and going to rip you off. Or sell you a clone/fake. And to top it off, he (or she) has hiked up the price to what ever they want.

I don't mind waiting for something for an item. I just waited three and half months to get a Glock19 MOS, but I got one. New. I had to wait since they were in high demand. That's fine, doesn't bother me.

I understand some items in the world that people collect are rare or hard to get. But dude, its frustrating when you can go online and see all of their knives right in front of your face, seemingly for sale. But forget about buying one or per-ordering. Unless you "know the right person".

I would just like to get one from an actual company, and not having to worry about someone being dishonest. Plus, who knows where someones hands have been (or what they have been touching) before handling the knife they would be sending you...

Shoot, even if they had a prepay or pre order option for a run that would be cool.

And annoying too because these are legal in my state.

Just my thoughts.

JAM3X and Luis like this.
  13. laughingbuddha

At least you have the opportunity.

I have none.

If I want to buy new, there is no online store, BRS or other, that will ship to me.

There is zero chance of me getting in on any of the drops unless I find someone to act as proxy.

So I have no sympathy:bwah:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  14. Bboy

Bboy Huge member

The problem you're failing to see is because they aren't legal everywhere and this is an extremely niche market. they aren't Benchmade. They don't have suplimental income from other knives or gear like an established knife company does. And they just released their non-bali knife. You're talking about them as if they're selling items you'd find in a store, and even when benchmades were retail, you had to hunt down someone who might have one, and hope they didn't sell out. You've entered a market that has been barren for decades at a new peak a lot of us never thought possible, be grateful you can have a BRS quality knife for less than $1000 because the only knives that nice before them were customs. They produce plenty of knives and I've gotten an alpha beast and a replicant in the most recent drops of both an hour after they hit. Just be patient. At least you don't have to sit on the forum waiting to snipe knives the second they come up, and sometimes wait months before you can actually lock one down.

JAM3X and RoninFlipper like this.
  15. RoninFlipper

RoninFlipper Little Member

Technically ordering from a retailer is the “primary” market, but the actual primary market is still forums and WTS posts. just the way it is until the law changes on imported knives and parts

16. Shawnjohn999999

I'll be your proxy mfer

17. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Trust me, it ain't that hard to get a BRS bali if you have a little patience and sense, and they are well worth the wait. I have been able to purchase many in a year's time from brs, bhq, and knifecenter. If you have neither patience nor sense then you need to suck it up and pay the secondary market tax.

seandavid55 likes this.
  18. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

Gives me some hope lol. 3 hours after a drop! I've been trying to get an AB CHAB or Rep for 3 years lol

19. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

seriously?

i snagged several of each over the last few years and wasn’t too tough

JAM3X likes this.
  20. JAM3X

JAM3X Little Member

Yea seriously X-D I just never got the email from BRS, finally got one after resetting my account tho! I always got the BladeHQ emails at the worse times. How often does BRS do drops? Like monthly, or more like a couple a year?
    I don't have much hope with my slow a$$ computer... I might need to borrow one for the next drop lol.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    apdallaround likes this.