1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Question about BRS Drops

P-hilC Apr 24, 2019

1. P-hilC

P-hilC Little Member

Well, I have looked around here on the forum for an answer (or help) for the age old question… How do you know when there will be a drop of knives from BRS. Or any other manufacture for that matter. I'm assuming that every newbie asks this...

If I missed where this info is on here, please point me in the right direction. If none, any help or advice is appreciated. So far what I have figured out is you have to keep an eye out on Instagram or something like that. I have subscribed to the mailers from, BRS, Blade HQ, and Knifecenter but am figuring by the time you get the “email when in stock” email, they’ll be gone by then. Also I don’t see anywhere on BRS’s website with any info as well.

I’m not trying to buy knives just to sell and make a profit here. Just trying to get one that is new for myself.

Thanks guys for any help.

apdallaround and Andrew 21 like this.
  2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

You gotta know the right people.

apdallaround and crogers like this.
  3. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The BRS newsletter always hits my email inbox before the actual drop.

Looseyfur also gives updates on the BRS Instagram Story of when things are starting to get close.

4. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Don't most BRS drops end up with broken tips? :cheesydevil:

5. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yep, and next will be a test as to how fast you are. BRS drops can be gone in less than a minute.....LITERALLY. I've never ever successfully ordered a rep or an alpha beast on the initial drop. It's always the secondary drop a few days later. You'll get it in your cart, shipping and payment info completed, hit submit....and BAM slapped right in the mother fuckin face. Gotta be fast.

apdallaround likes this.
  6. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

:fixed:
    be fair:ross:

Yes, ninja speed needed on 95% of their drops other than CF reps.
    Save your cc info so you can cut and paste or save it on a website that sells their stuff.

crogers likes this.
  7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I KNEW that, butt*, since he only mentioned BRS.... :manganr:

apdallaround likes this.
  8. Luis

Luis Little Member

Imagine the line out the door if BRS actually had a physical store...I.can see people traveling great lengths and still loose out lol. I just hope they start meeting the demand from this small community before someone else does.

9. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

The small batch thing works and doesn’t flood the market.
    The small community has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few years.
    It was only a week or so ago that BRS did a 50k follower GAW celebrating on ig.
    50k is not a small community.

Other makers have emerged with excellent product but like anything no 2 balis feel exactly alike.
    :helix:

Luis likes this.
  10. Luis

Luis Little Member

50k is still small when you consider how big other markets are especially with knives That is awesome tho I love that the Bali community is growing. That small batch release works for them...not for us. It gives them alot of control over how much they can charge for the product they sell. Even if it cost 100$ to produce...or less realistically every business owner would love it like that. Where they really wont consider demand because if they do flood the market with them the knives would lose value as they would become more common. It's called gouging the market. However doesn't mean the product isn't worth it. Just saying meeting demands of customers should be considered.

11. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I call it smart business practice. Potato...Potato (pronounce differently).

Customers don't think about cost, overhead, and business models. They only think about their demands.

***Selfish lil bastards lol

seandavid55, apdallaround and Luis like this.
  12. Luis

Luis Little Member

It's called manipulation of capitalism in the favor of business not the customer. That's cool your definitely right its smart for their pocket but not smart as far as getting new customers . People wait around for these products and end up losing interest in it all together. I call that loosing a potential sale. So its like a double edged manilla folder any which way you press the blade can be bad if you press too hard in either direction ...selfish is the company who pockets the profit and doesn't grow cause they spent the profit on personal shit as opposed to company growth. Either way they are slammin it in this market. So I can't knock the business at all. But failing to meet demand fucks businesses up...look at Tesla recently lost 2.90$ a share I The first quarter of the year! That's crazy as hell. Alot of the cause comes from Tesla not being able to meet the ultra high demand. Not that knives and cars are the same. Just saying it's a view from an economic standpoint.

13. Turkeytooth

Turkeytooth JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

As far as I know BRS isn't a publicly traded company. They have no board of directors. No group of investors with super deep pockets. I personally think they are KILLING IT for a company of their size! Yes, it would be great to zip on over to BLADEHQ and click a few REPs and ABs into the shopping cart when ever we wanted, but that ain't the world we live in right now. You want their business to grow, support them. They don't have the knife you want in stock, buy a hoodie. No hate, just my 2 cents. :thumbwink:

seandavid55, apdallaround and Luis like this.
  14. Luis

Luis Little Member

That's all people like me want to do is support ! Its not even that they don't have the knife I want it's that they have NO knives lmfaoo yes brother they are KILLING IT just not in the way I think your imagining . 20 blades at a time? Make a few dollars then what? Save to invest again? That's suppose to happen continuously. Anyhow it's not my business. It is definitely a fucking accomplishment to be that small and that sought after...it says alot about them...failing to meet the demands of customers also says alot. No doubt I will be patient tho.

Turkeytooth likes this.
  15. Luis

Luis Little Member

2010....that's almost 10 years. That's a generous amount of time to develop a company into a bigger more efficient one. 10 years is enough time to become a doctor. I am not bashing the company. I'm just more curious as to why it's like that. Doesn't make sense from an economic...manufacturing or business owner standpoint . Just curious. Plus I love talking economic stuff. Sorry guys lol I know I'm annoying lmfaoo

16. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I'm glad you brought up Tesla. They had a waiting list that they didn't meet due to slow speed of production and unexpected delays. So they over promised and under delivered. In addition, cars exploding, drivers sleeping while the car is on autopilot, and re-fueling station limitations have hurt their 5 star rating.

So this isn't a case where the stock took a hit because of strictly supply and demand. The added competition (every car maker is coming out with and EV version) is more of a reason to the stock hit than anything else.

***I get your point though...just not exactly an apples to apples comparison

Luis likes this.
  17. laughingbuddha

Did you know that the cost of an AB has'nt increased since they were first produced?

They also dont own their own factory where each bali is produced. It's all outsourced.

I think theres a lot of stuff you dont know.

18. Luis

Luis Little Member

I actually did know that. Outsourcing would make manufacturing easier as a matter of fact. Look I study economic history and run my own electrical business. I also work as an high voltage electrician for the leading energy provider in the northeast...I know more about company growth than I care to admit here....there is so much you can do here in the United states with a business like that. Loans...for manufacturing....work bonds thru banks. Even investing back into manufacturing more product. For two guys to do what they did and create one of the best if not the best balisong in the world at the prices they sell for should have developed them into something just a bit bigger..not saying they got to be a benchmade type company but idk it just seems like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle. And besides these talks are not to be taken seriously they are only individual opinions with individual view...I'm sure no one here knows how BRS works unless you are a directly working for them or own them...sorry but for 400$ a knife I don't excuse the lack of meeting customers demands. This is just my opinion

19. J Ray

J Ray Formerly Morpho JDBA Official Member

I get the impression they prefer to stay the way they are, and it's hard to argue success.. that said I really want an AB again! :wallet:

Luis likes this.
  20. laughingbuddha

So what you're saying is that BRS and Hom designs are doing it wrong?