1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Problem viewing forums.

nostimos Jan 27, 2017

1. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I know we are in the middle of a bunch of fixes even after switching to xenforo, but I've noticed something today and last night.
    On the main page, instead of seeing all the forums like "JerzeeDevil Forum Member Help and Support"
    I have two blocks hovering OVER the normal titled hyperlink.
    One that says "Discussions" and another that says "Messages". Both have numbers above them too, probably the amount of discussions and messages in the forum.
    This is down the whole page, covering all the forums.
    I cant access the forums unless I go all the way to the right to the link of the last comment posted in one of many threads in that whole forum.
    Or, if i just use the recent / new posts links at the top of the page.

On a few of them as I go down the page, I notice that if my cursor is in between these weird boxes where part of the forum title hyperlink lies underneath, i can sometimes get it to "underline" and get to the forum by pressing it as usual.
    As in the case of this one for Help and Support.

This makes it real tedious or impossible to get to the specific threads in a forum I want to get to.

I've noticed people seem to be still posting, so I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.
    It wasn't like this when the xenforo platform was first put up.

I'm patient. I know there can still be glitches to fix. This is more of a "heads up".

2. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Browser/platform/operating system please.

3. nostimos

About 3/4 year old Toshiba / windows 7 / chrome browser.
    had problems/conflicts with explorer and uninstalled it and used firefox for a while,
    but about a year and a half ago, it wasn't working during a windows update so i switched to chrome.

4. Mr.LaBella

Is it when scrolling down?

5. nostimos

Problem solved Boss!
    I explained it in the other thread you made to mention problems and quirky behaviors,
    but I'll repost it hear so more people run into it if they have the same problem:

"ALERT ALERT. The glitch FlyGuy and I have is due to a "sidebar" issue.
    I noticed the three horizontal bars and hovered over them and it said sidebar.
    Clicked on it and the hole right side stats/info moved out of the way and allowed the titles of the forums to the left to expand right and the "boxes" moved over to the right and uncovered the titles.
    Much better now.
    I don't recall if the sidebar symbol was there before, maybe not.
    It could just be the admins doing work and adding it so we can move the stats out of the way?
    Whatever the case, one more mess is cleaned up.

But, I had to post this since I couldn't edit my other post where I first mentioned this problem.
    Could be due to things being fixed behind the scenes as we speak.
    Keep up the great job.
    Mr. LaBella and Co. will get this place running smoothly eventually. :thumbsup:"

desmodus likes this.
  6. viaBowl

viaBowl Guest

I'll fix those blocks

7. nostimos

Yeah, they're still partially covering the longer titles, so you cant fully read them.
    Not a really a problem anymore.
    You can click on the title/hyperlink if enough is exposed.

But I guess you could make the boxes smaller or something, or have them disappear when a user has the sidebar present.

8. mikeymoto

mikeymoto Don't make me cu..OW! Knife Maker or Craftsman

I was seeing those yesterday too, but not now. Thanks!

9. Mr.LaBella

Do you guys like or dislike the little NEW icon/ box? (That shows where new posts are, in what subforums)

crogers and blevinsknives like this.
  10. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I does.

11. mikeymoto

I like it

12. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Well I LIKED it, butt* now it seems to be gone.:cry:

13. Mr.LaBella

We're testing out different things, you know!

14. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

you're only gay if you 'like' it.

15. mikeymoto

I kinda liked seeing where people were from under their avatar. Can that come back?

desmodus likes this.
  16. desmodus

i vote vote hell yes and yes please for this too.

17. blevinsknives

blevinsknives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

You can still see where they say they are from by clicking the avatar of said person. You will get a nice neat info pop up that also allows you to choose to view their profile, and or start a conversation with them. :thumbsup:

18. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

I'm not sure I want to have a conversation with someone I'm stalking... :lurker3:

blevinsknives likes this.
  19. blevinsknives

blevinsknives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

It should be easier to stalk with the new system though, since it no longer shows the last 10 people to view your profile.

.....unless I missed it somewhere. :bwah:

20. Mr.LaBella

I personally checked desmodus' privacy statuses. :ron: