1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Pricing Questions

JohnathanDoe Jun 25, 2020

1. JohnathanDoe

JohnathanDoe Tiny Member

Hi guys,

I'm not entirely sure if this is the proper place to ask this question but I am really trying to figure out if my prices are in-line or if I am way off.

I picked up this collection from a coworker and am relatively new to knives. I want to make sure I have the prices correct for all of these while cataloging.

The two major ones that I am really struggling with for pricing are the SOG S36R-CP Zytel - Red and SOG AutoClip X-42 S64 Zytel - Red

Nobody sells them on eBay and only one website has ever listed them - in catalog formatting with no pricing.

Please feel free to look through and let me know if I am out of line with the pricing on any of this. I would really appreciate any help you all can provide!

No boxes, they are as described/seen in the album.

Thanks,
    JD

snache and apdallaround like this.
  2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

there are a few sog autoclips with black handles on ebay $20, $99, $66.75

i don’t think sogs bring crazy $ on the second market

do you have an ebay account? could always start them low and put a reserve price

benchmades and that spyderco dodo are pretty popular

snache likes this.
  3. JohnathanDoe

JohnathanDoe Tiny Member

I have an eBay account and was using it to find the completed listings - mainly to gather information and average pricing.

The black handle variants appear to be more common.

Are production knives similar to other collectibles - the more uncommon a type of knife is the more valuable it becomes (assuming it's desirable)? I do see there is a rating scale for them.

4. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

typically yes, the more uncommon the more valueable to a point. some knives are uncommon because they weren’t successful

snache likes this.
  5. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Condition and having the boxes/paperwork can also play a major role in the price. It is hard to tell from some of your pictures, but most, if not all, look like they have been used to some extent. Are you planning on putting any up for sell here? I see one I would be interested in.