1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Price range for a Tach 2 Bowie?

Hamza Bouarfa May 7, 2018

1. Hamza Bouarfa

Hamza Bouarfa JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Looking to pick up a Tach 2 Bowie but I need to find out what the price range is. If anyone sees this and has one, don't hesitate to contact me to see if I'd be interested. Thanks JD!

2. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Anywhere from $600 to $800 and you can expect them to keep climbing in price.

You can start a want to buy thread in voodoo if you're really interested but good luck as there are already threads looking for said Bali.

Hamza Bouarfa likes this.
  3. tonk

tonk JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

So why is the bowie better than the tanto ?

4. Hamza Bouarfa

I'm going to be copying this from a much more knowledgeable person, but this is exactly why.

"The tanto overall flips more sluggish and has tip weight from the tanto blade profile. Its heavier and you cant have multiple spacer setups like the bowie tach 2 because the tanto has tip collision issues with the barrel spacers (it has tip collision issues default anyways).

The tanto is worth 380-500 while the bowie is worth 500-700 on the secondary market. Not to mentionhis tanto tach 2 is modded so its less desirable than one stock. I say keep the bowie, because even if you don't like the balance, you can adjust it with any combination of the 6 spaces you can put different material spacers where the tanto you're stuck with 2 custom block spacers only."

tonk and HedaCoon like this.
  5. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I've had barrels in a tanto and also cut down the blocks to 2/3 their stock size. You can modify the handle weight just not as easily as with the bowie.

I also traded my tanto because it doesn't flip as nice as the bowie at all.

tonk likes this.
  6. Hamza Bouarfa

That's exactly why I'm shooting for a Bowie. I've also already got some Ti barrel spacers for it.

tonk and desmodus like this.
  7. SycoFlipzz

SycoFlipzz Little Member

Am I the only one who feels like they were only worth around 400 a year ago?

8. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

more like 5 mint and box but your right for the most part

9. desmodus

it doesn't matter what they were worth a year ago.

no more are going to be made ever again, limiting supply.

there are more flippers this year than there were last year, creating more demand.

the ones that are out there are still be flipped and modded FURTHER driving up price on stock or mint units.

guess what they'll cost next year?

if you want one, i'd find a way to buy one or you're never going to be happy with what they cost.

nostimos likes this.