1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Power Aerials, do you need to do them?

Nardath Aug 14, 2012

1. echoshock

echoshock Huge member

Personally, I believe that power aerials one day may be required. But at the same time, I think they shouldn't be as highly valued as technical flipping, but they will contribute to the growth of the community. Also, I thoroughly believe that if executed correctly, they are beautiful. The problem is, I am incredibly shitty at them. But one day, I do hope to learn them.
    I do like the idea of there being two sides of flipping: Power aerial/show flipping, and more technical flipping, and then people like slash, nard, and VD, who incorporate them all.

2. lumsify

lumsify Huge member

power aerials are fun as hell and is my favorite thing to do while flipping. i also think that they are the most impressive looking when executed correctly, which is why people like slash, vince, and nard place high in competitions IMO

3. Palethius

Palethius Customizer Knife Maker or Craftsman

No... they place high because they're awesome at what they do. They don't place high because of Power Aerials, they place high cause they land EVERYTHING cleanly.

How 'bout Fke? He barely does ANY aerials.

4. lumsify

lumsify Huge member

agreed. but im just saying that power aerials draw attention and are flashy. they specialize in power aerials for the most part, and fke specializes in technical work. your right though, it is because they execute their moves so well