1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Post Apocalyptic survival knife

hellize May 26, 2014

1. hellize

hellize knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Greetings,

This piece is also one of my recent experiments, this time forged of scrap metal. But not just any old scrap metal found on the shop floor. The material for this blade was found behind the barn :pirate:
    Ok, so as I was pillaging behind the old barn I noticed a bundle of really old barbed wire. I thought, hey how cool it would be to forge something out of it.
    And suddenly my not so sane imagination kicked in, like an old Mz Etz. I created a post apocalyptic word, where even steel is scarce and highly valued, and the survivors try to salvage anything they can find among the forsaken ruins of the old world.

So after lots of hours spent in the "shop" I came up with this:

Its total length is 25 cm, the blade is 13,5 cm, it is 3,5 cm wide and 5 mm thick. The blade is basically a san mai, with 5160 core and forged barbed wire coat 8)
    The handle is antler and leather.

Price is 190 USD, postal fee included ;)

Sold!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  2. Climber

Climber Huge member

SWEET....
    I'd like to see the back of that sheath as well.
    Good Work. Great use of some old barbed wire that won't do much else.
    At least, I'm impressed....

3. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Bad ass!:thumbsup:

4. hellize

hellize knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

thanks guys, I will put some pics with the sheaths back too at the end of the day ;)