1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Positive Thought Energy Needed

OnceBitten Apr 24, 2013

1. thevinstigator

thevinstigator JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Glenn keeping you in my prayers and just so you know this has re-lit a fire under my fat ass to go have my labwork/CT scans done. I thank you and wish you the best.

2. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Vin, you better stay on top of things , get your lazy fat ass off the couch and to the DRs.:manganr:

Update, to the Oncologist I go tomorrow at noon.

Be it was a long while since I was to him I had one of his nurses on the phone and was able to give a full but brief rundown on the sequence of events that brought me back to his office.

Update when home tomorrow.

Glenn

3. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Fingers crossed man,good luck..:thumbsup:

4. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Looking for a good, solid "There's nothing wrong with me!" post. :thumbsup: In the meantime, I will pray to the guy upstairs and send some smoke in your direction. Give it hell, Glenn.

5. Masharp81

Masharp81 Angelus Mortis JDBA Official Member

Sorry to hear there's a little delay with that good news we're all waiting for. Stay strong, brother :thumbsup: Sounds like the doctors are being thorough in trying to rule everything out. You've got a lot of Devils praying for you... Even if that does sound a little oxymoronic :bwah: We're all here for you, bud.

- mike

6. DucS2R

DucS2R Huge member

Like all the rest of us, I wish you good luck. But realistically, not much more can happen tomorrow other than ordering more tests. But I like the fact that they will be directed by an oncologist you trust.

T

7. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

You'll probably get some shit along the way, but I have a feeling you'll get treated right. Good luck buddy! We should send ya a clown doctor.

8. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

9. Jigsawed

Jigsawed There is no cow level JDBA Official Member

My thoughts are with you bud; you've got a whole community behind you. This is really a great forum, and you're so much a part of that.

10. sawjaws

sawjaws JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Glenn, please bring us good news today! :jdwink2:

11. Glenn

Hi all. Well when OB started this thread it was because I was off to a PET/CT with possible problems ahead and boy there were problems along the way.

I walked in today and he had already reviewed my last scans, and was also up to date on everything leading up to todays visit, guess after my appt was scheduled yesterday he did his homework.

I'm starting over it seems in the same place. The Oncologist today ordered a PET/CT scan STAT as a comparative against the one I had back in April, it's been 4 months so any changes would be able to be seen.

Waiting on a call to know exactly when , should be early next week.

He stated "no meat no treat" and was pointing to another lung biopsy, I told him I wasn't game as I am JUST feeling better from last Wednesdays poke in the chest and collapsed lung . But there are different types of lung cancer and without knowing what the tissue is would not know the "best" treatment.

Soooo, in discussion if the new PET/CT scan shows something in another area they can grab some tissue from to get a idea of what type of cancer if any is present to be able to have a treatment plan ahead.

EDIT to add, he also did lab work for Tumor markers, if reports come back HIGH, it could trigger Chemo treatment without biopsy taken.

Back to hurry up and wait, will update as I can.

Once again, your support here has been paramount and I can't say enough how much it's appreciated.

GK

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
  12. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

Hang in there buddy. There are many here that are with ya.

13. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

dham fucking shitty cancer

i will become a praying man,
    when he promises you can walk it off

hang in there man

knowing you just a little...
    will be a cold day in hell before you will stop kicking and fighting
    hoping lucky they catch it early stage

positive vibes and thinking about you allot lately

14. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

Don't have anything to add except a "hang in there, buddy".

Glenn likes this.
  15. DucS2R

DucS2R Huge member

Thanks for the update, Glenn, I like your doctor's style. I like smart doctors who do their homework and are clearly on your side. Sounds like you have a good one. I had wondered about the markers test too and assumed it had been done. It tends to be a nonspecific test (it can be caused by cancer in other areas) but it is a good test to use when other methods, like biopsies, are problematic.

Again, good luck, and I am glad you are working with a good oncologist.

T

16. LurtzWV-6

LurtzWV-6 ZOOM-SMASH-WHOOSH Lady Devil

Well, as previously said, I'm glad your doctor sounds competent and on top of things. Still praying!

17. Glenn

^^^ Love you guys, and gal. :manganr:

Yes full confidence this is the man that gave me the first 13 rounds of chemo back in 07 that was instrumental in saving my life, figure will give him another crack at it. :ropeman: :devilcorn:

Monday morning 7am arrival for a 8am PET / CT full body scan. When speaking to the DR he stated he was leaving Thursday for vacation, everyone's entitled. He wants me to phone him the day after the test to have a brief report of what he sees and to formulate a game plan.

Guess my next update will be Tuesday after speaking with him.

Also I have to check my appt cards, but I think this week to come will consult back with the Plastic Surgeon about the last stage of fix for my ear.

I will be pursuance of that, unless I have bigger fires to put out post PET/CT results.

GK

18. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Good to have a Doc you trust and have confidence in. Hopefully you can find a resolution with the plastic surgeon. Anyway, still got you and family in our thoughts!

19. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

"Hurry up and wait" blows. Sorry you don't have the info you need right now, but I am sure things will pan out soon.:thumbsup:

20. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Positive thoughts for great results.

:thumbsup:

It's damned time for this shit to leave you alone.