1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Positive Thought Energy Needed

OnceBitten Apr 24, 2013

1. bhauer

bhauer Little member

Hope everything is going well Glenn.

2. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks folks for the postings here is a update as promiced.

Home and a bit disheartened.

I should have trusted my gut it would seem ATM.

Todays procedure was 1.5hrs longest yet .

Asked for a mirror when he was done, doesn't look like any change to me , that would have warranted this time,physical and monetary efforts to achieve.

He stated that "down the road" If I am still not please I can have a couple more procedures where they take cartilage and graft it to make more of a ear curl.

As of now the actual area where the curl was missing, well it looks just the same to me. I will have to see what comes of the area once the stitches are removed to see if the ear tissue relaxes into place at all.

Ho-Hummm

3. Bill T

Bill T Snatch Boogie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Sorry to hear you're not happy with the surgery.

Not going to say I told you so, but if you had gone with something a little more pronounced, it may have been more to your liking...

It might have even been ....Fascinating !!

[video=youtube;cFods1KSWsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFods1KSWsQ[/video]

tubtar likes this.
  4. Glenn

Bill, A Volcan ear is still an option. :jdwink2:

It's not so much I am unhappy with the surgery it's about expectations. Had I known there was minimal to gain perhaps I would have just left well enough alone.

This procedure would have had to happen to advance to the next optional stages of cartilage grafting, if anything today he achieved better coverage of the cartilage area from the first cancer MOES surgery from removal.

In the start I said to myself I could not care if they chop my ear off as long as the cancer didn't invade my head again, and thats been done , the cancer is gone from my ear.

Bottom line that's what counts.

5. Bill T

2 more days and then we can pry the Beasts last finger from you...

6. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

You said it, br0......

[​IMG]

Glenn likes this.
  7. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Glenn was a NEGRO ?????
    I had no idea. :bwah::bwah::bwah:

8. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

Only above the waist...........

tubtar likes this.
  9. Glenn

Just poke my eye out, I'll pull out the Polyesters and I'll do the Old Soft Shoe.

[video=youtube;5voM2HExV_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5voM2HExV_Q[/video]

tubtar likes this.
  10. Glenn

And here I had the Doc adding to my ear, go figure. :bwah:

11. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

Best wishes Glenn. Hang in there. :thumbsup:

12. Bill T

All the best wishes for tomorrow's tests.

We'll be waiting for the good news:thumbsup:

13. LurtzWV-6

LurtzWV-6 ZOOM-SMASH-WHOOSH Lady Devil

You should get a Vulcan ear. It would be...well, I don't suppose it would be 'cool' but it would be awesome! Do it. Prayers continuing.

14. sawjaws

sawjaws JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Continued prayers and well wishes coming your way Glenn.

I can't wait to see a smiling picture in your avatar once again!! :ropeman:

15. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

^ THIS....

RIGHT HERE.

:thumbsup:

16. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

I am so sorry that things are not going so well Glenn, you seem so brave even though you must be scared inside. Wishing you all the best again, prayers sent.

17. althedirtbag

althedirtbag Huge member

You will always be the most beautiful Devil in this forum:devilcorn:Even if you are left without two ears!
    All the best for you from me and my wife- we are talking about you every day and are thinking of you also!

sawjaws likes this.
  18. DucS2R

DucS2R Huge member

Yep, i agree. I told you my story because it was skin cancer but my wife's is a lot more dramatic.

My wife had stage 4 breast cancer 15 years ago, had high dose chemo and a bone marrow transplant, had a 20 percent chance of living 5 years. I prayed every night (and that is not my style) that she would live to see our sons graduate from college (aged 7 and 10 at the time). My oldest graduated last year and my youngest graduated this year and she is still with us. A little worse for the wear, high dose chemo has nasty side effects, but my prayers were answered.

Will pray for you too, good luck bro.

T

Kelper likes this.
  19. LurtzWV-6

LurtzWV-6 ZOOM-SMASH-WHOOSH Lady Devil

Wow, I'm glad to hear that your prayers were answered. Congrats on the graduations! That's awesome that your wife got to see that. Prayers for you and your wife on the cancer staying gone.

20. Glenn

Hi all, thanks once again for the continued support, it means more then you know. I haven't updated this thread partially as there was no scan update, and also it's been a hell of a week.

I did go for my scan Thursday as planned, I won't have the results till Tuesday when I meet with the lung DR, will update accordingly.

The Ear, well it's been a rough go of it in healing/pain etc.

The procedures length for such a small area can be explained with the help of some images, Devilz like images no ? :madaddy:

I will leave them as links as post surgery images are graphic. View if you chose. :ropeman:

First off, this is the back of my ear post op day 1 on this last procedure (3) , My ear was cut from very top to the very bottom from my scalp, yes separated skin the whole way, then the DR lifted the skin from my ear back cartilage to "shift" it forward , or advance the skin. The gap at the ear/scale line was then filled in with a skin graft that was taken from the very bottom area of the cut ear/scalp, removed from the scalp area, and the scalp skin was also seperated from head, to then advance forward to cover where the doner area was UGG.

This image shows a sewn in compression bandage that is actually "webbed" into my ear with stitching to hold in place atop the skin graft to locate and help to establish blood flow. As well as the other ear stitches along crest, and up and down ear back. It now has less "gook" and healing, but pain levels remain high from swelling still to resolve.

PIC GRAPHIC !!!

http://bcdmda.com/gk/CANCER/earbackpressurebandage.jpg

Next, this is a side view, left is post op plastic surgery 1, day 1, right side is plastic surgery 3, post op day 1 as well.

While the ear looks a BIT more natural, it is still completely flat , there is no ear curl just exaggerated .

A frontal view still shows the dramatic ear loss. This is where the expectations of this procedure failed. The whole basis for this 3rd operation was to create the faux ear curl.

Tuesday I also have a appt to have the stitches removed, and get this hunk of gause what-ever-the fuck it is off my ear, and start to heal. Will talk with DR to see what can be done down the road, if I opt to head that direction.

Ear pic, GRAPHIC:

http://bcdmda.com/gk/CANCER/beforeandafter.jpg

Tuesday updates to come, on both fronts. Thanks for tuning in. :ross:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013