1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Poor mans damascus

ironarm knives May 4, 2008

1. ironarm knives

ironarm knives knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

OK so now that I have the first damascus down I wanted to do another but No steel so I went the poor mans way this billet is made of 4 Jaguar head bolts 3 old files and 8 strips of banding ties . I read somewhere that hardened head bolts had nickel in them and I have 50 head bolts from the old jag days "heavy line mech. for jaguar" so I thought I give it a go and this is what I came up with I folded it one time so 24 layers just could not pound any more my arm was tired from the night before making three knives. I have not finished grinding the knife out yet this just the first grind then cims to see what I had !!!!!

2. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

Looks good so far.
    Nice design:ross:

3. Steven Kelly

Steven Kelly knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

You are a machine ... You better be careful or your arm is going to fall off!!!

P.S. Whats up with all the awesome spelling??? :cadi:

4. Justin Sain

Justin Sain Huge member

The knife is looking really cool, but I don't understand the 1st pic at all

5. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think he is holding the billet up with his motorcycle in the background.

6. ironarm knives

yes !!!!!!!! your right the kid took the pic. its right before i put my first flux on the billet . thats my police bike in the background .

7. Warthog

Warthog Enormous member

Cryin' Out Loud!

Dude, do you ever sleep? :ropeman:

Cool pics. :chuck:

The bike is cool too. Oh yea, and nice toilet. :manganr:

Keep it up, this is great! :firedevil

8. Justin Sain

Justin Sain Huge member

That;s what I thought at 1st, but then I thought, thatat's a big ass piece of steel!....that's a big HOT piece of steel! I was surprised it' didn't melt something on the bike, I guess it was coooled but still has a hot color for a while?? I dunno, I'm going back to shutting the hell up

9. ironarm knives

what are the drugs you are doing that would be like 8' long billet one hell of a knife "HAHAHA "

2fulhundin likes this.
  10. 2fulhundin

2fulhundin Official Retard

"I don't know mannnnn but the colors are out of this world mannn!!"
    "Whooh that looks really fucking hot mannnn what this I'm gonna touch it"
    "jesus christ that shit is hot man I was just kidding"

11. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

Head bolts, heh? Never heard that one before, pretty cool. It's pretty cool some frontier work going on... making damascus with whatever you have that's available.
    :devilarmed: