1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Poisonous insect bites

RNST Jul 28, 2013

1. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo Huge member

I got a bite from something in Venezuela 15 years ago and it still itches from time to time.

ded i likes this.
  2. zidfeldts

zidfeldts Brigade Member Brigade Member

Up here we get a different bug every day. I am lucky as mosquitoes hardly ever bite me. I have never used repellant. Whenever the temperature is above 80F or so the horse flies are thick but they hardly ever bite me either. The worst bugs for biting are spruce beetles; they bite hard.

3. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

It's funny... I am scared of bees & wasps stinging me but they have been flying around me and I haven't been stung once this year. Mosquitoes, on the other hand, have been biting me all over. Little buggers are very secretive and I don't know I've been bitten until the little pimple starts to itch.

4. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

my puppy attempted to eat a bumble bee a few weeks ago and got nailed. I had to pull it out of her mouth.

Now she is trying to eat the gerbil that I babysit for the nursery school I went to 25+ years ago...

5. howiesatwork

howiesatwork awesome member

I got stung by a Pepsis wasp a long time ago.
    Pain was a 9 on the pain index.
    The welt was about 5X9 inches and about 3/16" high...
    Got some experimental antihistamine cream that worked wonders.
    Doc said to not put it on with my fingers, as it goes straight through the skin immediately.
    It worked on mosquito bites very well - about 5 seconds, and the itching and swelling was gone.
    It took about 6 hours on that wasp sting.
    Wish I could get more, but it wasn't ever FDA approved.
    Good to see you didn't lose any body parts!

ded i likes this.