1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket holder for a swiss army knife

ostanley99 Sep 9, 2016

1. ostanley99

ostanley99 Average member

I apologize upfront if this is in the wrong area and will gladly take any advice as to a better place for this thread. I was reaching for the SAK I carry frequently and I thought there has to be a better way than dropping it in my pocket and digging for it when I want to use it. Then I remembered that people have pocket sheaths for small fixed blades and thought something like that would go good with how I would like to carry my SAK. Does anyone know where I can buy something like this or who to contact about getting something like this. I'd be more than happy to support a maker here on the JD. I would like to keep the price reasonable, but then again that's kind of subjective isn't it? Any help would be appreciated

2. blevinsknives

blevinsknives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

3. ostanley99

That looks promising. I'm not sure how well it would ride in my pocket from the pictures though. I typically keep a larger folder in my front right pocket and the SAK just sort of rides in the bottom of my front left pocket. I was also kind of hoping to get it from someone on here since it's been a good experience so far and I have no doubt that someone here could make something that'll last longer than a production holder. If that makes sense

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
  4. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

I make these for two knife pocket carry, I call it a pocket caddy:
    [​IMG]2016-09-09_02-46-28 by Walter Klopek, on Flickr

This one's a bit more western influenced

[​IMG]2016-09-09_02-49-48 by Walter Klopek, on Flickr

They range anywhere from 40-60 bucks depending on how simple or elaborate the tooling.

Would something like that work?

FWIW I think the kniveshipfree one would last forever - I think the ones I make will last forever. The basic difference is I can make one that's customized to your dimensions fairly easy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
  5. ostanley99

That's more or less what I was thinking about. I just sent a pm to a member here. I'm not entirely sure about how all the etiquette here works, so if I screw something up, just tell me. I really like that design though

6. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

No worries just PM me if you want to custom order something, or I am compound_grind on instagram. Right now I have three or four orders in the queue so it would in all honesty be around 2-3 weeks before I could complete it.