1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Please don't say I drank the coolaide...

Charlie Mike Feb 6, 2016

1. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike paranoid nutjob Brigade Member

But I just ordered a Medford.

[​IMG]

I forsee a massive zip tie in its future... and possibly a trip to Razor Edge for a full flat grind.

KoFred likes this.
  2. Amotek

Amotek Eerie Ver Sable Brigade Member

You Drank The Kool-Aid! :devilfinger::cry::devilfinger:

3. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

It's ugly, expensive, and has a shitty grind, what's not to love? :unintroduced:

4. Charlie Mike

Exactly :madaddy:

Though after the regrind, it should be a Spyderco Military on steroids and methamphetamine.

Dustygmt likes this.
  5. Amotek

Amotek Eerie Ver Sable Brigade Member

You need a new hobby. Have you considered shuffleboard? :manganr::ropeman::manganr:

6. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

or chess? checkmate

seriously though sweet blade, enjoy the variety available.

7. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

CM, right of the bat , why did you used that tittle?? you knew you drank the kool-aid before you even posted this:bwah:.

8. Charlie Mike

Just to say that I'm not gonna become "one of those Medford guys" ... I absolutely abhor fanboy behavior.

9. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

We know that and there is nothing wrong with being one , I hope you pimp it because I liked what you did with the last folders:thumbsup: , not a fan of your new knives with that one grind side even tho they look much cleaner than your old work.

10. Rover

Rover Rock N' Roll Outlaw JDBA Official Member

Jimp that shit while you're at it!

11. Charlie Mike

12. test2oob

test2oob The Collector JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Ok I won't say it ......:bwah:

13. sh00ter01

sh00ter01 When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk Brigade Member

Fuck that thing is thick, does it even cut worth a shit as is?

Looks like the regrind is definitely gonna be necessary for it to be usable for any real knife task.

14. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

I think the term "Sharpened Crowbar" was invented for Medfords.... :madaddy:

sh00ter01 likes this.
  15. Charlie Mike

Made it my bitch.

[​IMG]

Rio, Dustygmt and desmodus like this.
  16. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Brother , you are my hero ! :thumbsup::bwah::bwah:

17. Charlie Mike

Shitting on sacred cows is my specialty :bwah:

18. Worker

Worker Slacker Brigade Member

I tune into your threads from time to time. I struggle with the idea of buying an expensive knife and then destroying it. More power to you, I just don't understand it. Here is how I see it, it would be like buying a Porsche and using a sledge hammer to make it into a Pinto. Me, I would have just bought the Pinto to begin with....or hyped up the Porsche and sold it at a profit.

19. Charlie Mike

If I don't "destroy" it, I'll have a hard time using it... don't want to scratch the finish, right? The side benefit is hearing about the fanboys going apeshit.

20. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

I had this exact attitude toward people whom I used to jokingly refer to for the longest time as "Sebenza sheep" (not that I have anything at all against CR or the knife; far from it), but always got a very specific, identifiable zealot-like vibe from a lot of people who owned them. When the JD Sebenza was made, I remember noting several very similar "don't say I drank the Kool-Aid"-ish disclaimers. :bwah: But ultimately, who cares? :thumbsup:

That's the spirit! :sinister:

All that said, I do agree. It's indeed a sweet blade. Enjoy it; who cares what anyone thinks! :manganr:
    :jumping: