1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

~pissed at a bank snafu!!

beergoddess Feb 21, 2007

1. beergoddess

beergoddess shorter than endowed Lady Devil

so... i ordered new checks from my bank's website. it brings you to clarke-american's site.. the supplier of their checks. it was a reorder, no big deal, right? well... almost a month goes by, and Jolene realizes (still loving the 3rd person stuff, btw) that she does not have her checks yet. but the $ for the reorder was taken from my account on the 9th of jan. i call the bank... they put me through to the fraud dpt. it seems that they were indeed shipped, just to my old address that i haven't been at in a year. mind you... my checks, accounts, and EVERYTHING else has been switched over. why on earth would these numbnuts ship to my old house?? so now i have to go down to the bank... close out this account, open a new one.. give my boss the new info for my direct deposit, call about 3 differnet palces that i am on automatic withdrawl with, get a new ATM card, and so on. and the kick in the ass?? i have to wait for a day that mike is off w. me cuz it's a joint account. so i get to drag 3 kids with us, too. good times. then i say to the girl in the phone, what about the $38 i was charged for the checks i neever got? she says, well when u open a new acct, the 1st set is free. um, no. wrong answer, toots. i WILL be credited the $38 measly bucks.. or i will take my 3 accounts to another bank. not my goddamn mistake. i usually love this bank, so i can't get too pissed, but it does impose a great deal of inconvience. and why didn't the douchebag that bought my old house just give the checks back to the mailman?

2. dfarmerknives

dfarmerknives Tattoo Man says Knife Maker or Craftsman

That is wrong that one "little" bank mistake can cost so much. Money, time, frustration, bullshit.....

3. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

that's the kind of thing that makes me lose my head in public. i can't stand talking to idiots on the phone. i go in person whenever possible so they can see how seriously irate i am...

4. beergoddess

beergoddess shorter than endowed Lady Devil

oh... incidently, they got a lil taste 'o that, too! quick story... so i go to make the campbell's supper bake that i had in the cabinet, since i am working 2nite. i thought it had the chicken in it. it didn't... and i had none defrosted. so i ran to the local wawa to get some sour cream for the perogies and some cold cuts, rolls, chip, etc..leaving my kids w/ my brother for what was supposed to be 5 minutes. so i go to swipe my ATM for the $21 worth of stuff i was buying. DECLINED!!! i forgot it was frozen cuz of the problem (i had about $10 cash) so i asked the kid to hold my stuff so i could run up the road about 1 mile to my bank. i get there n there is a line from hell!! so it's finally my turn.. i try to take out $25, she tells me the acct is on a limited status. i took a breath, looked her in the face, and lost my damn mind! i said "i left my 3 kids in the care of my brother so that i could run to the store to get them dinner and had no $$ and had to leave my groceries on the counter, looking like an ass. i have a million types of ID, and i only am asking to take out $25, not a thousand!! please do not do this to me. i am having the day from hell." so she says, "well... if u wanna take a seat"..Jolene cuts her short... "no, i cannot take a seat... i have NO time to wait for the 4 other people sitting ahead of me. it was NOT my fault. i want MY money."
    i guess she believed me to be the pyscho i looked like, cuz she cleared my transaction. i promised i would come back tomorrow to close the acct. i need a drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

kill'm all and take no prisoners.

why do people have to be so cold and heartless?

6. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

2 weeks after my husband died I went to the bank to straighten out some stuff - when the lady heard I'd been widowed she asked to see my credit card and took a sissors and cut it in half. I said, excuse me - that was MY card - only in my name - my husband wasn't on that account. She said, it doesn't matter - with him dead you won't be able to pay the bills.

I tried to explain that I had my own income (but that was the only credit card in just my name - and I needed it for funeral expenses, etc.) & she wouldn't listen to me.

It was a week before Xmas.

I wonder if people who work in banks have to take some kind of "be shitty" course or if they are just born that way .

7. desmodus

8. ded i

the other side of the story ...

Of course I own that bank now ... :bwah: :bwah: :bwah:

kidding! ... but I did get back at her ... I was fairly successful on my own at that time and I immediately called my accountant who called the bank VP etc, etc, and I got a new card in the mail 2 days later... and a real sweet phonecall & apology ...

I've said it before - Ladies - take care of your own $ ... :yesman:

9. MarieLaveau

MarieLaveau Pistol Packin' Mama Lady Devil

Amen, Ded i!

That shit was just unforgivable on both accounts. The credit card thing would have made me go totally apeshit. I woulda landed in jail, but she would have gone to the hospital. Ded i, your method was much more classy.:bwah:

Beergoddess! Stomp a mudhole in her ass and walk it dry, sistah!:gzb:

10. SinCity

SinCity Dr. Strangelove

Beergodddess,
    Banks could care less about there mistakes and the hardships they cause people.
    I never give them a second chance. Remember this; When they fuck-up, there fucking up your life and could care less.

Ded-i,
    Wow, That was horrible.
    I would have called her the worse thing you could call a woman and loud enough for the World to hear it.

11. ded i

LOL Marie - gotta remember I'm an old broad - there was a time in my life I, too, would have ended up in jail. :yesman:

I have gone through some real shit in my life. The one excellent thing my daddy taught his four girls was not to let anyone "own" us. He said to always save a little money in our own name (don't put anyone else on the account) even if it was just a dollar each time we got paid. That way, if we ever wanted to leave a bad situation we could do it. While he was alive we could call on him - but he knew he wouldn't be there forever.

It was good advice. :devilzide

BG: It's pretty fucking sad when you have to go through all that shit for your own $ because of their mistake. I wonder if there's a way you could make them pay for your time and hassle?

12. mack1

mack1 Resident Bastid

It's shit like this that've made us deal with the bank VP for all our bank business. Just walk in the door, politely smile at the woman that asks "Can I help you?", further ignore her, turn left to the first office and walk in. 'Nuff said, fuck the rest of 'em.
    BG, I, too, would've wound up in jail. Glad you could excercise that much restraint.:ernie: :jdsmokin:

13. bigmark408

bigmark408 BANNED Fucktard

Last time the bank pissed mark off .......it required many police cars and a fuckin road block.....when ever those fuckin 911 people here the name mark they send a minimum 4 fuckin cars........this particular case was 100% the fuckin banks fault and when i had enough of this rude cunt and i couldnt take no more i leaned over her desk (cause they got camera's in every inch of the place) and i whispered in her smelly ear " you are a fuckin bitch " this bitch knocked all the shit off her desk and through a fuckin fit.....i think she hit the panic button cause by the time i made it three blocks the fuckin cops had the intersection blocked.......after they harrased the fuckin shit out of me they let me go....fuck was i pissed they are lucky they didnt fuck with my harley then i would have had to go to jail.

oh yah .....those banks can be a pain in the fuckin ass.....but i do get free checking, safe deposit box, NHRA checks and all that privy bullshit.