1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Pinoy Knife Suggestions -> HELP REQUIRED.

Raoul Duke Aug 19, 2012

1. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Completely out of fucks to give Brigade Member

My Spot on Matts list is up and I have had such a busy last month or two I can't even think straight cause of all the shit I've got on

I am having a total mental block of what to order...

Help a Bali Bro out and give me a few suggestions or some inspirational pics please, cause I got to get moving or I'll miss the boat...

2. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Do you know what type of blade you want? IMO a tanto would be sweet.

3. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Don't know if it's possible but I like te mix of old school and new - id go with something like ti liners and bolsters ano'd bronze with carbon fiber scales, then I'd drill out the typical hole pattern through the ti an cf and inset brass eyelets. would also be a cool combo with green micarta.

What ever you choose can't wait to see it

4. Killerstephen

Killerstephen JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Fuck man. I read the OP thinking, "Hell yeah offer some suggestions, this will be badass if he picks mine"!

Start thinking "hmmmm, what would I order myself if I could have anything"..?

Same problem as you I guess. I really dont know. So many choices/options. No matter what I bet it comes out awesome though.

Good luck.

5. senseicharles

senseicharles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Gold ano Ti with a bowie or weehawk. :thumbsup:

6. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

4.35" Kukri blade, carbon fiber scales over Ti liners with a spring latch and pocket clip...

7. tx101

tx101 Stuck in the middle with you JDBA Official Member

Skeletonized brass channelled handles :ross:

EDIT unless he has just brought a mill ???

8. Beelzebubbles

Beelzebubbles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Kukri blade, ano'd TI bolsters, old school T-latch, bliss.

9. TheJackofClubs

TheJackofClubs Huge member

I'd like to see a Bali in the art deco style.

10. Davidrd17

Davidrd17 Huge member

I'VE been waiting to see another bottle opener on a knife like the chuck Swiss army Bali!! Talk about unique. And if he has the means, bearings in the pivots. Maybe full serrations on the blade. Or a straight razor blade like the DDR that was up for sale for a while starting a 950. Think outside the bun my man. Good luck.

11. silkworm

silkworm Silky Devil JDBA Official Member

Filipino Ginunting or a Chinese Dao shaped blade. Go big 4 1/2 to 5 inches to get the full glorious shape of the blade.

Micarta is always nice with anodized titanium. Just choose colors that don't clash. Matt does a great green, but just because he can do a great green doesn't mean you should pair it with any ol' color micarta. Sometimes it's best to leave the titanium natural too.

Go latchless with mosaic pins on one handle for identification.

12. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

James,

Go with a nice clean bronze anodization, ironwood scales. If you want to step the materials up a notch, Nichols' Moku-Ti always works. It's the one I would have wanted. Matt's inlays are top notch, carbon fiber is a bit sterile for my tastes after having it on so many knives. I prefer a piece of wood or micarta these days. Definitely opt for S30V or some other stainless steel.

I can't tell you what to do for blade pattern.. that one always stumps me. These days I always usually just go for a weehawk tanto out of juts sheer indecisiveness.

I like his tang ears, a lot of the time for flippers sake they're completely absent but on Konger's bowie, his tang ears were kept short, but they were still nice.

13. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

....James...WTF bro...you way past been a young Jedi..you should know by now what your heart desires....meditate ...seek the force...

14. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I'll help a bali-bro out. If you want we can switch spots on Matt's list. That will give you more time to think:manganr:

Go big man...

Blade - 5" damascus susuwat or upswept pira (his bolo is pretty awesome also)

Handle - Blue damascus with brown jigged bone inserts

Latch/clip - use the same blade material