1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Pictures of your Long GUNS!

bart-1 Feb 22, 2005

1. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

what you need

is some 100 round Beta C drum magazines....

2. JannieBunny

JannieBunny Huge member Lady Devil

Well, Shel is, after all, running a Slide Fire stock, so I don't know if it will like the weight of a Beta C for bump firing.

But, if you want to go bigger, then go BIG like an ARMA TAC 150 rd. double snail drum SAW-MAG! http://www.armatac.com/

SAW-MAG Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9vpiXqN2Gg

Or, if you can afford it, go with a belt-fed Shrike, no?

[video=youtube;wI-y7kgpFU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI-y7kgpFU4[/video]

Everything is relative. The 40 rd. PMag is about $17.00 each...

Best,

J. :rozz:

3. JannieBunny

For sheldon

[​IMG]

Since we were last on the subject of the Primary Arms Micro Dot MD-06L red dot, here's a pic of mine with an Aimpoint 1/3 co-witness QD mount, and a cheap Chinese killflash. LOL

Apparently, this model has been recently discontinued, which is why they were being blown out at $49.95. I have no clue what the replacement model will be like, but I am hoping it will be a copy of the yet to be released Aimpoint Micro T-2! http://www.aimpoint.com/us/products/all-products/product-singleview/product/Micro%20T-2/?cHash=39ae89003d6bda9578343215ea86c3a9

I'm very satisfied with the PA MDs. For the price, they are perfect for plinkers.

I don't care much for the POS AR platform, so I run my T-1s co-witnessed on my AKs, which seems rather silly, since AKs weren't designed with optics in mind. :bwah::ross::unintroduced:

Cheers,

4. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Dayum, that's pretty darn sweet JB! :devilzeek

Why so far forward on the scope mounting? I mounted mine much farther back, more like a traditional scope...
    p.s. Thanks for the heads up on the sale too... :thumbsup:

5. JannieBunny

Thanks, Shel. It's just a heavy toy in pedestrian Magpul clothing. :unintroduced:

I mounted the MD up front because it's easier for me to acquire the dot very quickly. The other reason is to allow for the highly unlikely mounting of hokey Aimpoint accessories like the 3XMag, CEU, or, heaven forbid, my PVS-14. LOL (Okay, I will begrudgingly admit that the AR platform is far more suitable for running effective night vision setups than the AK platform.)

Cheers,

6. Malt

Malt PEW PEW Brigade Member

Got this to day,winchester 22 mag pretty little rifle :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. FLAWLS1

FLAWLS1 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

My 2 Benelli M4's
    [​IMG]

Mossberg 930SPX
    [​IMG]

Daniel Defense V2. Excuse the crappy mag. Should of put in the Pmag for the pic
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    PS-RagE and dymond47 like this.
  8. Apec

Apec The Sound of Darkness

LWRC M6A2 - no longer has the ACS on though, got a FDE EMOD on there instead.

[​IMG]

Ares Defense is not known for their customer service though. Unless that's changed recently, odds are they'll give you the runaround for years after getting your payment.

Of course you could probably find one of those used, just hope it doesn't require repairs or replacement parts.

PS-RagE likes this.
  9. Sheldon_Wickersham

Added some widgets; taking a friend's grandkids shooting tomorrow, should have a chance to sight it in then...

Bushmaster Full-Stock 1.jpg

10. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

Sheldon, let us know how that bolt-on rail works. I'm just wondering if having the sight elevated that much makes it difficult to get a good cheek weld.

I have a couple of fixed carry handle ARs that I would like to add one of those to if it really works.

11. Krull

Krull Legit Crybaby/Drama QUEEN

Had them on a couple AR's-there is NO cheek weld,you just learn to shoot "heads up" so to speak.

12. JannieBunny

If you're planning on running a red dot or Reflex-type of sight, I would run a forward-mounted, co-witnessed mount instead. Much friendlier than a top carry handle mount. I run them on my 6450s and 635.

I found a quick pic off the net. They look like this:

[​IMG]

The better ones are height-adjustable for 1/3 or absolute co-witness.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  13. Sheldon_Wickersham

TopHat,

I've had zero problems using this type of mount, having used them for years on several platforms with different types of scopes. Krull may be onto something there, however, with regards to the cheek weld; I never gave that any thought.

That said, I had a blast today. The grandkids (and their parents) were all new shooters, and all had a great time. I got there before them and got the red-dot sighted in (thanks again for the Primary Arms heads up, JB). I needed to wear my prescription glasses due to the zero magnification.

After they left, I moved from the 50 meter line to the 100 meter line; about then, two of the rifle match regulars showed up, and after set-up I asked one to spot for me. "Four o'clock; five o'clock; three o'clock; five o'clock." WTF? 'Am I near the bulls eye?' I asked. "Oh yeah, they're all in the bulls eye." LOL!

I bought my AR's, almost all of my long guns in fact, 20 years ago, and didn't need optics until recently. I'm too cheap to buy new guns or uppers, so have opted for inexpensive solutions that work for my type of shooting. JB showed some other options that you may want to consider...

Rust 2.jpg

If you go with the type of base I showed, get the one with the metal tightening wheel; all shown, however, allow for see-through use of the iron sights...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  14. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

Speaking of long guns...

Here are a pair of Main Battle Rifles from the late 1800s - and a study in mechanical sophistication. Swiss 1878 Model Vetterli; 13 round bolt action chambered in .41 Swiss rimfire and an 1892 dated US Springfield Trapdoor Springfield; single shot .45-70. The ballistics between the two calibers are similar; converting the Vetterli to center fire is very easy (.41 Swiss RF is un-obtanium not made since the 1920s) to do; and ammo can be made using modified .348 Winchester or 8mm Lebel brass.

The Swiss is a softer shooting gun then the Springfield.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS-RagE and GEEZER like this.
  15. cja245

cja245 Level: True Devil

Pictures of the 300 blackout build I did recently. Scopes are just temporary placeholders until I get some cash together. Planning on going with a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also a couple friends of mine finished their 80% lowers. Seemed pretty easy overall with the jig and a router table. Not sure what percentage it's at in this picture, but I guess it's technically a firearm at this point.

[​IMG]

16. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Very interesting. :madaddy:
    Don't be useing that Raptor killer mini for target practice, unless you share the video.

17. Apec

Apec The Sound of Darkness

Swapped uppers.

[​IMG]

PS-RagE likes this.
  18. Berkley

Berkley Ancient Life Form Brigade Member

Long enough?

P-1853 Enfield rifle musket, lock marked "Tower 1862".

[​IMG]

:thumbsup:

GEEZER likes this.
  19. kd0g

kd0g JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

20. kd0g

kd0g JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]