1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Pics of your yard or critters in your yard

Shike Sep 21, 2016

1. BowtownBlade

BowtownBlade Brigade Member Brigade Member

I had a couple of young fox show up today.
    IMG_8014.JPG IMG_8015.JPG IMG_8025.JPG IMG_8028.JPG

2. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

A neighbor told me there was an otter in the canal and I got really excited because I had never seen an otter in my life! I kept looking and I finally saw it's nose. It was swimming mostly underwater and disappeared so quickly I wondered if I'd really seen an otter. Yesterday Xrayzebra saw him from our balcony and I had time to take this little video:

perado, Thanos74, sam eib and 10 others like this.
  3. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Otters are awesome. In captivity they can be pretty friendly and interactive but I don't know about the wild ones.

4. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

I had the pleasure of watching an otter family group playing in a pond in the swamp once. I was waiting for some ducks to fly over, and got distracted by otter-foolery.

Then, the Game Warden.... SpeedyRunner.gif

Thanos74, markandrex, Kelper and 2 others like this.
  5. ded i

Little Green Heron flew over as soon as we showed up at the bridge last night and he caught and swallowed a nice fish. Then Big Turtle, the yellow-bellied slider showed up and ate all the breadcrumbs.

Thanos74, sam eib, markandrex and 4 others like this.
  6. ded i

It seems funny to me that I never saw an otter. I saw beaver near the Susquehanna river and even mink and muskrat, but no otter. I'm still looking to see this FL river otter again, he is just that cute.

7. crogers

That doesn't really surprise me. I've hunted and fished my entire life, and those otters were the ONLY wild otters I've ever seen. That was probably 30 or so years ago. I figure myself as very lucky that day!

Good luck finding him again. Get some video! :thumbsup:

Thanos74, markandrex and Kelper like this.
  8. ded i

I checked on Little Green Heron yesterday. A Lake Okeechobee toxic water dump has collided with red tide and caused bad algae blooms along the Caloosahatchee river and into the Gulf of Mexico and even though I haven't seen any algae, I was worried. S/he was there at the bridge and had a little one ! xrayzebra is the singer in this shaky video. :bwah:

9. ded i

Little turtle, one of the Yellowed-Bellied Sliders in our canal, has a clam on his toe again. Doesn't seem to slow him down much.

Thanos74, sam eib, El Gringo and 4 others like this.
  10. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

[​IMG]

perado, Kelper, Thanos74 and 3 others like this.
  11. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Oh look, a dragon.

Thanos74, ded i, Kelper and 1 other person like this.
  12. crogers

Like dis?

[​IMG]

Thanos74, ded i, desmodus and 2 others like this.
  13. ilovekittens

ilovekittens Sailing the seas of cheese Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

ded i, perado, Berkley and 3 others like this.
  14. Thanos74

Thanos74 Should be a custom title here

I ran across this little guy while mowing yesterday.......
    20180928_140646.jpg

perado, Kelper, woodlander and 8 others like this.
  15. crogers

Tim, I hope you washed your hands before you ate! Since you're still alive, I suppose you did.

Fortunately, he looks like a Red Salamander. Slightly toxic, but not nearly as dangerous as the juvenile stage of the Eastern Newt. Can you say "tetrodotoxin"? Same stuff that makes the Fugu so dangerous to eat in Japan.

Glad you're still with us!

Oh, and he sure is pretty!

ded i and Kelper like this.
  16. Thanos74

Thanos74 Should be a custom title here

Yeah, I thought he tasted a little bitter!!! I figured I probably should have cooked him a little first!!!

Used to see these guys around the house all the time, but they must be disappearing cause this is the first one I've seen in years. And normally I would find them much bigger, with darker black pokey dots than this little juvenile has. Give a couple more years and he'll get there!!!

17. ded i

I see this Osprey almost every day during my bike ride and it will fly closer if I whistle or talk to it.

Kelper, desmodus, markandrex and 3 others like this.
  18. crogers

Hey, a bird's gotta eat....

ded i, Thanos74 and Kelper like this.
  19. woodlander

woodlander Brigade Member Brigade Member

Very cute. We don't have anything like that around here.

Thanos74 and Kelper like this.
  20. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Tim what a cute little critter. Is this uneaten?. .Great example of nature for your little girll.

Thanos74 likes this.