1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Photo of the week contest?

wes May 28, 2005

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

I think we need a photo of the week contest.

In fact, I think we need two contests.

One for found photos (ie. those on the net or taken by another person) and a second for personal photographs (ie. those taken by you).

This can be stuck to the top of the forum each week and then votes can be cast for the winner. All posting members will be given a chance to vote.

At the end of a set time, perhaps the end of summer, a prize can be awarded for the best personal photograph, say a knife or gift certificate to be used for one of our dealers.

To make this more interesting, I'll put $50.00 into the prize pot to start it off.

If it doesn't become a chance to go for the extreme gross out, it may just work.

2. D-Boy

D-Boy Doesn't know shit about anything

Sounds Good! Let's do it!!

3. wes

Hang fire on posting please.

Let's sort this one out.

Feel free to start your photography (or rounding up your images), but don't start posting yet.

Keep this one clean please.

4. bart-1

bart-1 6th degree black belt/internet fighting discipline Knife Maker or Craftsman

I am ready!!

5. Hawaiian-Stylan

Hawaiian-Stylan it aint easy being cheesy

It can be any picture?

6. wes

For the personal photograph competition, it can be any photo you have taken. We can still have a category for found photos, but the money competition will be for the photo you take yourself.

Knives, guns, landscapes, food, people, whatever. Keep it clean though. Any X or R stuff will get bounced to the appropriate forum.

This isn't just one photo per person. Post as you please. Each week, we'll vote and pick the best (or a few of the best). In August or September, whichever is easier, we'll decide on a winner. This gives you time to create new images over the summer. Or photoshop those you already have.

Give tips, critiques, or kudos for the work you see. Promote it in the discussion thread. I'll sticky all the necessary paths soon.

Anyone have any more ideas or questions?

I think this is pretty straight forward but ...

7. wes

Any other questions on this one? I'll unlock the contest threads tomorrow to start this off if there are not.

Feel free to watch for a bit then come into the fray.

8. wes

9. wes

BUMP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.